Here are some of the main details contained in the White Paper on Scottish independence:
- The SNP estimate they will inherit £1,267 billion debt from UK but look to offset that against share of assets
- Pensioners will enjoy an up-rated pension of £1.10 extra per week
- Bedroom tax will be abolished
- Universal Credit roll out will be stopped
- Corporation tax will be cut by 3 percent
- Air passenger duty will be cut by 50 percent
- Energy bills will be cut by 5 percent through various environmental initiatives
- End to the married couples allowance due to be introduced in 2015
- Childcare will be increased to 30 hours a week
There are serious doubts about if, how and when an independent Scotland will take its place in the EU.
Alex Salmond has launched his Government's blueprint for independence and told voters that Scotland's future was now in their hands.
Nobody I spoke to in Alloa told me the independence white paper had bowled them over or even changed their minds.