- Around one fifth (21%) of those the research classed as over-indebted, equating to 1.8 million people across the UK
- A further 11% were not concerned about being in debt
- One in eight (12%) over-indebted people said they were thinking about trying to get help soon
- Three-quarters (75%) of the estimated 8.8 million people with severe debt problems are under 45 years old and nearly two-thirds (64%) are women
- Some 74% of those with severe debt problems said they are unhappy
- Around four million people are thought to have been struggling to pay their bills for more than a year
- Just under half (48%) of those with severe debt had to forego basic necessities
More top news
Police say that anyone who sees Whitehouse should not approach him, but instead call them on 999 and quote incident 23 of 18 February.
A cloudy day for most, with mist and murk, along with some outbreaks of rain, slowly spreading across western parts of the UK.
Wet weather to end the weekend.