- Around one fifth (21%) of those the research classed as over-indebted, equating to 1.8 million people across the UK
- A further 11% were not concerned about being in debt
- One in eight (12%) over-indebted people said they were thinking about trying to get help soon
- Three-quarters (75%) of the estimated 8.8 million people with severe debt problems are under 45 years old and nearly two-thirds (64%) are women
- Some 74% of those with severe debt problems said they are unhappy
- Around four million people are thought to have been struggling to pay their bills for more than a year
- Just under half (48%) of those with severe debt had to forego basic necessities
More top news
An investigation has estimated there are tens of thousands of predatory accounts, with paedophiles evading protection mechanisms.
Mnangagwa’s elevation comes amid news that ZANU-PF, the ruling party, has promised not to prosecute their former leader.
Some snow has fallen over parts of Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland.