- Around one fifth (21%) of those the research classed as over-indebted, equating to 1.8 million people across the UK
- A further 11% were not concerned about being in debt
- One in eight (12%) over-indebted people said they were thinking about trying to get help soon
- Three-quarters (75%) of the estimated 8.8 million people with severe debt problems are under 45 years old and nearly two-thirds (64%) are women
- Some 74% of those with severe debt problems said they are unhappy
- Around four million people are thought to have been struggling to pay their bills for more than a year
- Just under half (48%) of those with severe debt had to forego basic necessities
More top news
The singer revealed on ITV’s Lorraine she is in a really good place and said it was ok to be single.
More than 200 people in Sudan have allegedly been killed by chemical weapons dropped on them by their own government, it is claimed.
The boy was found unconscious and in cardiac arrest and was rushed to hospital where he died.