- Around one fifth (21%) of those the research classed as over-indebted, equating to 1.8 million people across the UK
- A further 11% were not concerned about being in debt
- One in eight (12%) over-indebted people said they were thinking about trying to get help soon
- Three-quarters (75%) of the estimated 8.8 million people with severe debt problems are under 45 years old and nearly two-thirds (64%) are women
- Some 74% of those with severe debt problems said they are unhappy
- Around four million people are thought to have been struggling to pay their bills for more than a year
- Just under half (48%) of those with severe debt had to forego basic necessities
More top news
There will be heavy showers on Saturday though sunshine will be enjoyed by many across the UK before a similar outlook on Sunday.
It's Prince George's fourth birthday ... but how much do you actually know about the young royal? Here's your chance to find out!
A new system will allow authorities to track private drones as research finds the heavier flying gadgets could smash plane windscreens.