- Around one fifth (21%) of those the research classed as over-indebted, equating to 1.8 million people across the UK
- A further 11% were not concerned about being in debt
- One in eight (12%) over-indebted people said they were thinking about trying to get help soon
- Three-quarters (75%) of the estimated 8.8 million people with severe debt problems are under 45 years old and nearly two-thirds (64%) are women
- Some 74% of those with severe debt problems said they are unhappy
- Around four million people are thought to have been struggling to pay their bills for more than a year
- Just under half (48%) of those with severe debt had to forego basic necessities
More top news
The victims, named as Jamonicka Johnson, Von Johnson Jr., Devonte Asberry, Venetia Asberry, and Lenda Asberry, drowned in Texas.
Tonight it'll become dry and clear for most parts of Britain.
More than 30 lions rescued from circuses in South America have arrived in Johannesburg to begin a new life at an African wildlife reserve.