Energy company npower has confirmed it is planning 1,460 redundancies in the UK as part of restructuring plans.
Under the proposals, the main impacts regionally would be:
- npower's offices in Stoke on Trent would close, affecting 550 employees
- One of three offices in Oldbury would close and around 400 face redundancy
- Around 430 employees face redundancy at Rainton Bridge, Sunderland
- Approximately 80 employees at npower's site in Leeds face redundancy
- npower's site in Thornaby would close, but all roles would be relocated to Rainton
- Although there would be no redundancies at the Peterlee offices, several teams will be moved between the Rainton and Peterlee offices
The firm said around 540 existing staff will be transferred to retail outsourcer Capita "to allow customers to benefit from the expertise of npower's existing employees".
More top news
William Wark was going so fast police in North Yorkshire abandoned their pursuit.
The move comes amid heated criticism of children being separated from their parents at the US border.
Lords clear the EU Withdrawal Bill after MPs voted down amendment allowing Commons to block a ‘no deal’ Brexit.