News that a further 19 hospitals are to be investigated over links to Jimmy Savile comes after 13 were initially named in a probe into the disgraced television presenter.
A Metropolitan Police report published in January alleged that Savile committed 22 offences at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and 16 at Leeds General Hospital.
The 11 other NHS hospitals involved, where one offence was reported at each, were:
- Broadmoor Hospital, Berkshire
- Ashworth NHS High Security Unit, Merseyside
- St James Teaching Hospital, Leeds
- High Royds Psychiatric Hospital, Leeds
- Dewsbury Hospital
- Wycombe General Hospital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Exeter Hospital
- Portsmouth Royal Hospital
- St Catherine's Hospital, Birkenhead
- Saxondale Mental Health Hospital, Notts
More top news
An Atlantic frontal system brings rain across northwest Scotland and Northern Ireland overnight.
A memorial to honour the service of millions of men and women from Africa and the Caribbean during the two world wars has been unveiled.
South Africa's president often seems able to survive anything, writes John Ray - but a vote of no confidence held in secret may change that.