Chinese president Xi Jinping has held a lavish dinner banquet for Prime Minister David Cameron during his state visit to China, including delicacies such as sturgeon's marrow, steamed duck and boiled lobster claw:
- Sturgeon's marrow and bamboo fungus soup
- Boiled lobster claw with peach gum with saffron
- Coldfish roll with bacon
- Sauteed shredded pork in chilli and garlic sauce
- Steamed duck and taro past with rice wine
- Assorted vegetables in casserole
- Glutinous rice congee with gingko
The meal was followed be desserts of pastries and fruits, and accompanied by wines from China's Shandong region.
The Global Times newspaper's criticism of the UK is stinging given that David Cameron has spent two days courting China's leaders.
David Cameron's visit to China has not been easy to arrange with the pressure for the trip coming from the British.
David Cameron hopes to mend relations with China as he brings a large trade delegation with him.