- Chinese company Bright Foods owns 60% of Weetabix.
- China plans to double GDP per head by 2020.
- China's middle class will reach 600 million by the end of the decade.
- The Chinese economy has grown by an average 10% per annum over the last three decades.
- 82 new airport projects are planned by the end of 2015.
- China will account for one third of the world's luxury consumption by 2015.
- By 2025 there will be 221 Chinese cities of more than a million people.
- Sales of UK television series such as ITV's Downton Abbey have soared by 90%.
Source: HM Government, Prime Minister's Delegation: Visit to China December 2013.
The Global Times newspaper's criticism of the UK is stinging given that David Cameron has spent two days courting China's leaders.
David Cameron's visit to China has not been easy to arrange with the pressure for the trip coming from the British.
David Cameron hopes to mend relations with China as he brings a large trade delegation with him.