- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
As the polls close in the Scottish referendum, we look at who won the war on social media - the Yes campaign or the No campaign?
How do you break apart a Union of countries? If Scotland has just voted Yes that will be a problem for politicians both sides of the border.
CCTV footage has captured the moment an "optimistic" thief failed to steal a large piece of art by hiding it underneath his hoodie.