- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
More rain to come in the north tomorrow, as south sees best of dry and warmer weather.
Should Big Sam stay or should he go? The FA's chairman Greg Clarke has a difficult decision to make about the England manager job.
Westminster cats Larry and Palmerston rule the roost in Downing Street, says former deputy prime minister Nick Clegg.