- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
The alleged hacking follows reports of similar attacks on other Democratic organisations, amid fears of state-sponsored hacking.
One lucky ticket holder based in the UK has won a cool £61 million jackpot in the EuroMillions lottery game.
A crowdfunding campaign has been set up to raise money needed for a legal battle to bring home Michael Sandford.