- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
A 14-year-old boy has said he has been added to a police database after sending a naked image of himself to a female classmate by Snapchat.
Britons are using social media to spread their message that those fleeing persecution are welcome in the UK.
Mel Gibson will not face any police action over an alleged scuffle with a Sydney photographer, the actor’s representative says.