- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Storm Imogen will cause problems across much of the south today, but it will be calmer in the north.
David Cameron is expected to warn that voting for a "Brexit" would result in refugee camps springing up across the south-east of England.
Beyonce, Coldplay and Bruno Mars performed a medley of their hits during a powerful half-time performance at Super Bowl 50.