- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Sophie Lionnet’s devastated parents say the killers “do not deserve to live”.
The legal battle began in 2011.
The debate during eight weeks of campaigning has been divisive and the result should be known on Saturday.