- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Ridge of high pressure will settle conditions for many tomorrow, however from the west more rain will arrive and the wind will pick back up
It has caused chaos on the roads and rail network, brought down trees, grounded planes, toppled lorries and also a bus in Cambridgeshire.
The nature of Ian Stewart's killing of his fiancee Helen Bailey and plot to evade detection raised doubts about the death of his wife Diane.