- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Police reopen investigation into brutal murder of David Clarke, 14-years after he was "savagely beaten" to death in his own home.
Flooded in January, farming-driven Malawi ends 2015 facing its worst drought for more than 20 years. And now a slower tragedy is unfolding.
A hapless burglar has died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns after getting stuck in a chimney while trying to rob a house.