- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Household names are among 40 women to sign open letter to BBC Director General saying he must "act now" to end pay discrimination.
"We've never actually spoken so publicly about her," the Duke of Cambridge said. "But we felt that this was the right time to do it."
In a new documentary about Princess Diana, her two sons speak movingly about the day they heard their mother's voice for the last time.