- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Feeling a little better tomorrow as less cold air sneaks in as we go into the bank holiday weekend.
The footage, taken from a dead Islamic State militant, shows the fighters in a chaotic and panicked battle with Peshmerga forces.
Solicitors acting for 20 of the families said they were "appalled to see the shambles in South Yorkshire Police" following the inquest.