- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer have promised 'uplifting moments', 'some magic' and 'dancing styles' on their first tour for two decades.
Another freezing, frosty and icy night ahead but this will be followed by a dry and sunny day for most tomorrow.
Phone hacking was "rife" at the Daily and Sunday Mirror newspapers and the People by mid-1999 at the latest, the High Court has heard.