- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
A baby sloth named Edward after his impressive Edward Scissorhands-like claws is being hand-reared with the help of a special teddy bear.
Families spend nearly three quarters of a million in a lifetime in tax, according to figures released by the Taxpayers Alliance.
An anti-aircraft gun last used in the First World War to repel a German Zeppelin raid is to fire again after 100 years.