- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
A bright and breezy day tomorrow with the best of the sunshine through the south and east once early mist and fog patches clear.
Thousands of people have died shortly after being declared fit to work by the Government, new figures reveal.
One billion users logged in to Facebook in a single day for the first time ever, co-founder Mark Zuckerberg announced.