- Online shopping is up 10.1% in 2013 compared to 2012, according to Barclaycard
- The first Monday in December last year was the highest day of online spend in Barclaycard's history - consumers spent an average of £57 per transaction
- Online electronic stores - up 66.5%, online family clothing stores - up 35.4% and online department stores - up 31.5%, saw the biggest increases in spending
- Visa Europe predicts £450 million will be spent on its cards alone
- Online transactions could top 7.7 million, an increase of 16% on last year
- An average of £312,500 is expected to be spent every minute, Visa said
- UK consumers will make 113 million visits to online retail sites today, online analyst Experian claims
More top news
The 10-year-old boy killed in an accident in a Topshop store died after a queue barrier fell on his head, an inquest has heard.
A bid to make it illegal for firms to require women to wear high heels at work will be debated by MPs, the Government has said.
Alexander Isak is the biggest thing to come out of Swedish football since Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but he doesn't mind, says Dickson Etuhu.