The child protection system is "beyond breaking point" and social workers are facing increasing pressure, according to a report by the British Association of Social Workers.
The report for a group of MPs makes the following recommendations:
- An end to unpaid overtime
- Separation of social worker's electronic records and data collection
- Exploration of improved caseload management strategies
- A restoration of local authority car allowances
- Ending the "hot desking" culture
- Protection of role for social workers
- Exploration of how to record social worker's input and achievements
- Consideration should be given to proper recognition of restrictive working conditions
- Guidance to encourage social work involvement in NHS patient management
- The employer health check should be reviewed and more rigorous
- Government should liaise with the Association of Chief Police Officers on taking action against those behind websites inciting hatred towards social workers
More top news
Northern and eastern areas will see a touch of frost at first, but most places will see sunshine.
The prince will meet the country's indigenous people on the penultimate day of his tour of the West Indies.
The University of Colorado said it is also terminating Dr Michelle Herren's non-paid medical faculty appointment.