A taskforce set up by David Cameron in the wake of soldier Lee Rigby's killing has made several proposals on how to tackle extremism in the UK, among their suggestions are:
- Giving more support to places facing the biggest integration challenges, especially those communities where extremism is a particular problem
- Working with internet companies to restrict access to terrorist material online which is hosted overseas
- Improving the process for the public to report extremist content online
- Ensuring prisoners who have demonstrated extremist views in prison receive intervention and support on release
- Make delivery of the Channel programme, which supports individuals at risk of being radicalised, a legal requirement in England and Wales
- Considering if there is a case for new types of order to ban groups which seek to undermine democracy or use hate speech
More top news
The craze criticised as a celeb-backed publicity stunt has been hailed for funding landmark research in the study of motor neurone disease.
Kiran Sheikh was abandoned in a telephone box by her mother in the middle of the night on April 30, 1994.
More than 120 famed actors and music stars said they are using their "privilege to speak out" to warn of Trump's "real and present threats".