A taskforce set up by David Cameron in the wake of soldier Lee Rigby's killing has made several proposals on how to tackle extremism in the UK, among their suggestions are:
- Giving more support to places facing the biggest integration challenges, especially those communities where extremism is a particular problem
- Working with internet companies to restrict access to terrorist material online which is hosted overseas
- Improving the process for the public to report extremist content online
- Ensuring prisoners who have demonstrated extremist views in prison receive intervention and support on release
- Make delivery of the Channel programme, which supports individuals at risk of being radicalised, a legal requirement in England and Wales
- Considering if there is a case for new types of order to ban groups which seek to undermine democracy or use hate speech
More top news
ITV News catches up with a migrant rescued by HMS Bulwark in the Mediterranean in June who has found his way to the UK through Calais.
A low pressure system in the near Atlantic will bring a text book swirl of cloud - with blustery downpours as winds whip up tonight.
The President's announcement on climate change is yet another attempt at securing an elusive climate change legacy.