A taskforce set up by David Cameron in the wake of soldier Lee Rigby's killing has made several proposals on how to tackle extremism in the UK, among their suggestions are:
- Giving more support to places facing the biggest integration challenges, especially those communities where extremism is a particular problem
- Working with internet companies to restrict access to terrorist material online which is hosted overseas
- Improving the process for the public to report extremist content online
- Ensuring prisoners who have demonstrated extremist views in prison receive intervention and support on release
- Make delivery of the Channel programme, which supports individuals at risk of being radicalised, a legal requirement in England and Wales
- Considering if there is a case for new types of order to ban groups which seek to undermine democracy or use hate speech
More top news
Prince William and Kate have announced they are to become 'full-time' Royals as they move their family back to London from Norfolk.
Jobs for Americans, a strengthened military, new trade deals and support for police will shape Donald Trump's four years in government.
Donald Trump pledged to put "America first" as he addressed the nation after being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States.