A taskforce set up by David Cameron in the wake of soldier Lee Rigby's killing has made several proposals on how to tackle extremism in the UK, among their suggestions are:
- Giving more support to places facing the biggest integration challenges, especially those communities where extremism is a particular problem
- Working with internet companies to restrict access to terrorist material online which is hosted overseas
- Improving the process for the public to report extremist content online
- Ensuring prisoners who have demonstrated extremist views in prison receive intervention and support on release
- Make delivery of the Channel programme, which supports individuals at risk of being radicalised, a legal requirement in England and Wales
- Considering if there is a case for new types of order to ban groups which seek to undermine democracy or use hate speech
More top news
A fraudster who pretended to be in a coma for two years was caught by police going on shopping trips and holidays with his family.
Actress Renee Zellweger said she looks different because she is now living a "happy and more fulfilling life".
Team member Richard Pryor said nobody had been injured during the team's practices, though "quite a bit of damage" has been done to the pub.