Thousands of people have been affected after a technical problem at an air traffic control centre caused chaos at airports across the UK.
- Heathrow cancelled 217 flights so far today
- Gatwick cancelled five flights but experienced 86 delays
- Stansted said flights had been delayed by up to three hours
- Other airports affected: Dublin, Cardiff, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, Luton, London City, Exeter and Newcastle
- The National Air Traffic Service said the disruption has caused a 20 per cent reduction in flights handled
- The company said the issue would not be fixed until between 6.30pm and 7pm