DJ Campbell is the latest, and most high profile, footballer known to have been arrested as part of a spot-fixing investigation.
- A 32-year-old striker who currently plays for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship
- Shot prominence in 2005 with his goalscoring exploits at non-league Yeading, which led to a £500,000 move to Premier League Birmingham City
- Joined Leicester City in 2007 for £1.6 million, but scored just five goals for the club.
- Moved to Blackpool in 2010 for a club record fee of £1.25m and had his most successful season, scoring an impressive 13 goals in the Premier League
- Queens Park Rangers bought him for £1.2m in 2011, but he failed to shine in west London and signed for Blackburn, where he has so far failed to score a goal.
- Has also played for Ipswich, Derby County and Brentford.
More top news
West Midlands Police said the car did not stop at the scene of the collision on April 25.
Mayor Joe Anderson has been working closely with former professional boxer and now mayor of Kiev Vitali Klitschko to sort the situation.
Martin Johnson will appear at Sheffield Magistrates’ Court on Friday.