Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
There will be gales across Scotland and northern England this morning, but these will gradually ease through the afternoon.
An unnamed 14-year-old boy was taken into custody following the attack, Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said.
Scientists hope to capture stunning images and valuable data in the final moments before its impact.