Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
It is a murky picture across the UK and for most of the country it will stay dull and damp with extensive mist and fog overnight.
Police release CCTV of two suspects, one wearing a Scream mask, suspected to have been involved in a sexual assault on Halloween.
A £3.6m haul of cannabis has been found stuffed in more than 1,000 tins of olives in Ireland.