Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met young people who have battled mental health issues on Saturday.
Former Chancellor Lord Geoffrey Howe was Margaret Thatcher's longest-serving Cabinet minister, also taking on the role of Foreign Secretary.
Lord Geoffrey Howe is known by many for his resignation speech which was seen as the catalyst which destroyed Margaret Thatcher.