Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
Despite her smile, at just four, Mariah has only know life under fire in Syria and her family fear she will "carry very bad memories".
Charlotte Foster died in January this year after taking the combined contraceptive pill Dianette for just a few months.
As Apple buys a spinoff of James Cordon's online phenomenon Carpool Karaoke, what's the secret of the show's success?