Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
A mild day for most with plenty of misty low cloud.
Hollywood star Channing Tatum broke the news in a lengthy Facebook post as he paid tribute to Harvey Weinstein's accusers.
Scotland will become the first part of the UK to ban smacking if the bill goes through.