Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
"We are not afraid." Those were the defiant words of the Prime Minister this morning as she addressed the Commons.
Andreea Cristea, 29, remains in a critical condition after being rescued from the Thames after a terror attack along Westminster Bridge.
The Prime Minister has praised the former soldier's "huge professionalism" in trying to save the life of Pc Keith Palmer.