Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
UEFA president Michel Platini is embroiled in a row with the Confederation of African Football about the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations
A calendar by photographer Steve McCurry captures the rare and disappearing food traditions of rural Africa.
After the Finnish company was acquired by Microsoft, all its phones will soon be rebranded as Microsoft Lumia devices.