Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
Three women and three girls were reportedly shot dead because they were trailing 100 metres behind IS fighters.
Building a third runway at Heathrow was the most controversial of the three expansion options, so why is it going ahead?
The body of toddler Norma Dale was found dumped on wasteland near her home in 1946 with one of her red shoes missing.