Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
Scientists have discovered the oldest known earth-size planets discovered which they say raises the prospect of 'ancient life'.
Auschwitz survivor Alina Dabrowska was a victim of the cruel experiments of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, known as "the Angel of Death."
Here are just some of the faces and stories of Auschwitz survivors 70 years on from the concentration camp's liberation.