Here are some of the key findings of a major survey by the Care Quality Commission of women's experiences of maternity services:
- A quarter said they were left alone at a time that worried them during labour and birth (up from 22 percent in 2010)
- Almost one in five said their concerns were not taken seriously
- 77 percent felt they were always involved in decisions about their care (up from 74 percent in 2010)
- 71 percent were able to move around and find a position that made them most comfortable during labour and birth
- 78 percent said they definitely had confidence and trust in the staff caring for them during labour and birth (up from 73 percent in 2010)
More top news
The investigation into the cause of the Virgin Galactic spaceship crash in October last year is due to give its verdict today.
With life in the city offering little security, for some Greeks life in the country has suddenly become a good place to be.
Two young women took on a challenge of the "mind and heart" to become first-ever Afghan women's team to conquer a 250km endurance race.