Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
Heavy thundery rain for parts of Northern Ireland and Scotland
Four men are being interrogated in Spain's National Court over the vehicle attacks that killed 15 people and wounded more than 120 others.
In the position paper the Government sets out plans to ensure that cross-border legal disputes are dealt with in a "fair way" post-Brexit.