Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
Make-A-Wish Foundation helped one young boy with an incurable heart condition star as 'Fast Heat' in his very own movie.
Planets outside our solar system could have earth-like oceans, evidence suggests. Could it mean a higher chance of extra-terrestrial life?
Prince Harry has waved goodbye to the people of Australia after a one-month attachment - meaning he will soon be united with his new niece.