Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
A cool weekend ahead but looking dry for many with sunny spells.
Firefighters have warned residents in London that an ongoing blaze could spark the explosion of a gas cylinder.
From church bells to pageants on the Thames, festivities are prepared for the moment the Queen overtakes Victoria.