Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
New York's attorney general launched the civil rights investigation after dozens of women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment.
Ibrahim Hussein appeared in one of the terror group's propaganda videos warning of attacks on Italy and Turkey.
Jared O'Mara's made a series of offensive comments, including joking about having an orgy with members of Girls Aloud.