Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
The true number of those believed to be dead or missing and presumed dead following the fire won't be known until the end of the year.
Low pressure will keep much of the British Isles under cloud with many seeing periods of steady rain throughout the rest of today.
Michael Bond, the creator of Paddington Bear has died at the age of 91.