Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
City traders are paying up to £200 to cure their hangovers with a vitamin drip, according to a doctor from Surrey.
Serena Williams won her sixth Australian Open title with a hard fought 6-3, 7-6 (7-5) victory over Maria Sharapova in Melbourne
New Army unit which will use psychology and social media to help Britain "fight in the information age" is being set up, the MoD announced.