Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
The haul is part of Operation Thunderstorm which ran throughout May and involved 1,974 seizures including 43 tonnes of wild meat.
Beijing’s decision means new solutions must be found to the problem of removing refuse.
Gareth Southgate has become the first major injury casualty of England's World Cup campaign after dislocating his shoulder on Wednesday.