Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
A legendary Bunny, leisure centres and protests from the Anti-Nazi League. There's plenty to learn as Murray and Co bid for tennis glory.
Natasha Kaplinsky has interviewed survivors and liberators of Nazi concentration camps to hear untold stories of the Holocaust
The man jumped the fence while the president and his family were inside celebrating Thanksgiving but was quickly apprehended.