Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
Warm temperatures holding on in the south on Sunday.
82-year-old Clayton Barnes arrived in the UK in 1959 as part of the Windrush generation, and worked and paid taxes for 51 years.
The American actor, best known for his portrayal of the character Mini-me in Austin Powers, has died at the age of 49.