Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
The World Health Organization said postponing the 2016 Games would not 'significantly alter' the spread of the Zika outbreak.
Employment Minister Priti Patel has launched a scathing attack on the government's 'chaotic' immigration controls.
Hanako died peacefully in a Tokyo zoo after living alone for 67 years.