Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
Alex Salmond could be hailed the future leader of a new country, but there is still no agreement on how an independent Scotland would work.
Corby has the largest Scottish exile community - although they are not entitled to vote, if they could it would be an overwhelming "No".
It's one of most sparsely populated regions in Europe, but the Highlands is being fiercely contested in Scotland’s independence referendum.