Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
A switch in the wind direction will mean the unseasonably bitterly cold air of the last few days finally gives way.
Beyoncé's new album Lemonade has knocked the late Purple Rain singer off the coveted top spot.
Actress and campaigner tells ITV News the only way to end the trade in illegal ivory is for the West to stand up to Beijing.