Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
The bill is President Trump's first attempt at passing a big legislative piece through Congress.
Settled and sunny for most tomorrow, a little more cloudy on Sunday.
Residents from a town in East Sussex where the Westminster attacker once lived have described him as "intimidating" and "unpleasant".