Ofcom has announced measures to make the cost of calling businesses and services more transparent for consumers from June 2015.
- Clearer pricing for all numbers starting 08, 09 and 118.
- Cost of service numbers will be broken down into an ‘access charge’ to phone company, plus a ‘service charge’ to the company or organisation.
- The service charge for premium rate (09) numbers will be capped.
- Consumer calls to Freephone (0800, 0808 and 116) numbers which are generally free from landlines, will become free from mobile phones too.
- Confusion around 0845 numbers - which are sometimes tied to the cost of a geographic call - will be addressed.
More top news
Multiple explosions in a park in a Japanese city have left at least one person dead and three injured.
A man said to be armed with dangerous articles remains inside an address in west London.
Time Warner owns the Warner Bros movie studio, responsible for franchises such as Harry Potter and Batman.