Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Six were wounded, two seriously, after an ultra-Orthodox man stabbed several people at Jerusalem's annual Gay Pride march.
Video shows inside the bin lorry in the immediate aftermath of the Glasgow city centre crash that killed six people days before Christmas.
A woman who underwent a keyhole hysterectomy woke up to find two of her teeth had gone missing.