Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Do children need more mental health support? One primary school says the answer is yes - and pupils are queueing up to share their troubles.
April showers and sunshine
Tonight can reveal exclusive secret filming that shows how your precious online purchase might be badly handled. Ranvir Singh investigates