Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
A grandmother says she was outraged after her grandson was segregated from his classmates by a cardboard screen - for being one minute late.
Leaked documents have revealed the first known picture of Mohammed Emwazi - named as IS militant Jihadi John - as a student in London.
With March just around the corner it's looking like this winter will be the sunniest on record (data goes back to 1929).