Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
More than 4,400 community police officers have lost their jobs since 2010, according to Unison
Western and central regions will be prone to thundery, blustery downpours all day
Police charged student Hayley King with malicious tampering of food after she was also filmed spraying glass cleaner in the fridge.