Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Crowds of people gathered in Sandringham on Sunday to catch a glimpse of Princess Charlotte as she arrived for her official christening.
The Chancellor has "found" the £12bn of benefit cuts promised in the Tory election manifesto - here's what we know about the savings so far.
The pair, including a man in his 50s, were struck around midday on the Pen y Fan mountain range in Powys, mid-Wales.