Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
People who voted remain in the EU referendum have gathered at a protest in London to ask the government to make a plan.
Gunshots and explosions have been reported at Istanbul's Ataturk Airport.
Police say they are keeping an open mind about the motive and appealed for anyone with information to come forward.