Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Mark Whincup, 50, was well known in North Wales for his magic displays at children's parties and pantomime appearances.
A Royal Navy helicopter has been scrambled to rescue an unconscious toddler, snowed in at a remote farmhouse.
Dippy the Diplodocus now has his own Twitter account as fans fight to keep him in the main hall of the National History Museum.