Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
The mother of one of the Manchester attack victims has told of the distressing moment she found her daughter being treated after the attack.
Marjorie and Michael Cawdery, both 83, are understood to have been stabbed to death in a killing their family called "incomprehensible".
Detectives have launched a murder investigation following the shooting in Brent, north west London on Friday night.