Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
A homeless woman lay dead at a McDonald's for hours as oblivious diners ate around her.
A priest rescue several coffins that had floated away in a cemetery during unprecedented floods in the US state of South Carolina.
Parents of children who pay truant will have their child benefit docked if they fail to pay fines, David Cameron has announced.