Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Speaking exclusively to ITV News, the man said he wanted to be able to return to the UK without the threat of prosecution.
A rather cloudy night is in store across the UK, with showers coming in off the North Sea coast.
A growing number of parents are fleeing to Ireland from England and Wales, where their children are being threatened with forced adoption.