Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle was once more the scene of great pomp and pageantry, just weeks after the wedding of Harry and Meghan.
The move follows the furore over the confiscation of a substance which alleviates 12-year-old Billy Caldwell’s epilepsy.
The new policy calls for providing a safe and secure environment up in orbit, as satellite traffic increases.