Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Didier Drogba scored his first Chelsea goal since rejoining the club as they thrashed Maribor 6-0 at Stamford Bridge
The Duchess of Cambridge made her second appearance of the day at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
After being sentenced for the manslaughter of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Oscar Pistorius is spending his first night in prison.