Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
UK airport passengers have to walk up to a kilometer from check-in desks to reach their departure gates, new research has shown.
In an annual survey taken among local authorities in the UK, 2,463 stray dogs were put to sleep between April 2015 and March 2016.
Inspectors found the availability of drugs at HMP Bedford was having a "serious impact" on safety.