Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Doctors cannot explain it but the extraordinary bond between new mum Holli Cheung and her son Jordan may have saved her life.
David Cameron has begun a whirlwind tour of Europe to discuss his terms for renegotiating the UK's membership of the EU with key leaders.
Through the rest of today showers will continue across many northern areas, whereas for much of England and Wales it'll stay largely dry.