Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
John Glenn, the first US astronaut to successfully orbit the Earth, has died aged 95.
It'll become increasing cloudy tonight, with outbreaks of rain in the northwest
The Prime Minister opts for three colourful designs created by primary-age children in her constituency.