Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
A British skier has died after he and another man fell from a cliff in the French Alps.
Dry and largely sunny today, although there will be some patchy cloud, this mainly across eastern Scotland and eastern England.
Nigel Dodds rejected a suggestion the DUP, which promised to back Theresa May's minority Government was holding the Government to ransom.