Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
A man has 'potentially life-changing injuries' after acid was thrown over him after a screening of the movie Straight Outta Compton.
A leading sexual health clinic has apologised after mistakenly sharing the HIV positive status of hundreds of patients in an email.
Skeletons unearthed in a mass grave in Durham are the remains of Scottish prisoners of war, experts have found.