Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Rapper turned businessman Jay Z is to announce his own music streaming service to rival Spotify tonight revamping his technology company
Stephen Fry has quit Instagram, telling fans he has been "hounded off" the social media site.
The Office star Martin Freeman has given his backing to Labour in the party's first party election broadcast in England.