Germany is to offer 80% of total EU pledges to resettle Syrian refugees - just, 12,000 of the 2.3 million who have fled the country.
- 10 member states have together offered 12,000 humanitarian places to those affected by the crisis.
- 0.5% will be given places out of the 2.3 million people who have fled Syria.
- Germany has pledged to take 10,000 refugees.
- France has offered 500 places.
- Spain has pledged 30 places.
- The remaining 27 member states have offered to take 2,340 refugees.
More top news
Engineering firm CH2M won the £170 million contract but have pulled out of phase two of the project over alleged conflicts of interest.
The bronze bust unveiled at Madeira airport has been slammed as "horrifying", "appalling" and "awful" on social media.
The Duke of Cambridge also laid a wreath in memory of the brave policeman who was killed in last week's terror attack in London.