The Libyan Justice Minister has told ITV News that UK and US authorities will be allowed to interview Muammar Gaddafi's former intelligence chief over the Lockerbie bombing.
Here is what we know about the biggest terrorist attack on British territory:
- 270 people were killed in the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988.
- Libyan intelligence officer, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, is the only person to have been convicted in connection with the attack
- Megrahi was released from jail by the Scottish government on compassionate grounds after being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- He died last year still protesting his innocence
- Since the fall of the Gaddafi regime in 2011, British investigators have been working to establish if there are other individuals in Libya who could be brought to trial for their involvement in the attack
More top news
Nebraska resident Sylvia Ann Driskell wants a US District Judge to rule 'once and for all' on whether homosexuality is a sin.
In the British Medical Journal, cardiologist John Dean said doctors who carry out private health work deprive the NHS of a vital resource.
On ITV News at Ten this evening, an incorrect picture was used in a story about Edwin Mee, who was found guilty of 13 sex attacks...