A major report into child sex sexual exploitation in Rochdale identified a repeating theme of factors that it says impacted on the quality of practice in particular including:
- Policy and procedures either not available or poorly understood and implemented at the front line
- Absence of high quality supervision, challenge and line management oversight
- Resource pressures and high workload in key agencies, including CSC safeguarding teams, A&E, Police, contributing to disorganisation and at times a sense of helplessness
- Policies, culture and attitudes within many agencies which were actively unhelpful when working with adolescents
- Performance frameworks focussed on quantitative practice not on quality of practice or understanding the child's journey through services and outcomes
More top news
The PHE will review the evidence and also make recommendations on how to address the issue, according to health officials.
The Commons Public Accounts Committee (PAC) said at least £9 million has been squandered on a project that failed to deliver.
A top temperature of 11 Celsius (52 F).