A major report into child sex sexual exploitation in Rochdale identified a repeating theme of factors that it says impacted on the quality of practice in particular including:
- Policy and procedures either not available or poorly understood and implemented at the front line
- Absence of high quality supervision, challenge and line management oversight
- Resource pressures and high workload in key agencies, including CSC safeguarding teams, A&E, Police, contributing to disorganisation and at times a sense of helplessness
- Policies, culture and attitudes within many agencies which were actively unhelpful when working with adolescents
- Performance frameworks focussed on quantitative practice not on quality of practice or understanding the child's journey through services and outcomes
More top news
The legendary actor said he helped a woman who was giving birth under a tree in London's Richmond Park.
Jordan Burndred's devastated mum Nicola confirmed the news on Facebook saying the 17-year-old 'didn't make it through the night.'
At least four plots attempts to smuggle highly-radioactive materials to Islamic State militants were stopped in the last five years.