A major report into child sex sexual exploitation in Rochdale identified a repeating theme of factors that it says impacted on the quality of practice in particular including:
- Policy and procedures either not available or poorly understood and implemented at the front line
- Absence of high quality supervision, challenge and line management oversight
- Resource pressures and high workload in key agencies, including CSC safeguarding teams, A&E, Police, contributing to disorganisation and at times a sense of helplessness
- Policies, culture and attitudes within many agencies which were actively unhelpful when working with adolescents
- Performance frameworks focussed on quantitative practice not on quality of practice or understanding the child's journey through services and outcomes
More top news
24-year-old Jac Holmes, from Bournemouth, had been fighting alongside Kurdish YPG forces since 2015
Since October 9 three people have been murdered within a one-mile radius in the same Tampa neighbourhood.
The financial watchdog has told the rent-to-own company to compensate 249,000 customers.