A major report into child sex sexual exploitation in Rochdale identified a repeating theme of factors that it says impacted on the quality of practice in particular including:
- Policy and procedures either not available or poorly understood and implemented at the front line
- Absence of high quality supervision, challenge and line management oversight
- Resource pressures and high workload in key agencies, including CSC safeguarding teams, A&E, Police, contributing to disorganisation and at times a sense of helplessness
- Policies, culture and attitudes within many agencies which were actively unhelpful when working with adolescents
- Performance frameworks focussed on quantitative practice not on quality of practice or understanding the child's journey through services and outcomes
More top news
Lawyers for Mohammed Emwazi's father have told ITV News there's no evidence his son is IS killer 'Jihadi John' as "his face is covered".
Another cold night on the cards with freezing, frosty and for some of us icy as the temperatures slip away in the next few hours.
A three-time Yarl's Wood detainee tells ITV News about her experience at the detention centre in Bedfordshire.