In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
The star - who played Miranda Hobbes in the hit New York-set show - posted a message on Twitter announcing her run.
Another cold night to come before temperatures slowly start to recover throughout the coming week.
The opioid epidemic is so extreme in the US city of Manchester, that the drugs are killing almost 100 of the 100,000 residents each year.