In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
Tonight will start off clear in many areas, but cloud will increase from the east overnight, bringing some light and patchy rain.
Defending champions Arsenal squeezed into the FA Cup final despite a spirited fightback from Reading, who forced extra-time
A detective who led investigations into the Valley Parade fire tells ITV News there is "unequivocal" evidence the disaster was an accident.