In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
The Blues eye-up deals for Sandro, Lukaku, Van Dijk and Bakayoko as Conte looks to spend big ahead of the new campaign
The 14-year-old was left dangling about 25ft off the ground as her little brother cried hysterically saying he couldn't hold on to her.
Housing Minister Alok Sharma was asked the question at least five times during an appearance on ITV's Good Morning Britain.