In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
Liverpool edged an epic penalty shootout to beat Middlesbrough and progress to the fourth round of the Capital One Cup.
The world famous musical, which has been running on Broadway since 1997, has broken records earning more than £2.8 billion.
There will be wet weather around tonight with rain drifting from north to south which will lead to scattered showers tomorrow morning.