In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
New York's attorney general launched the civil rights investigation after dozens of women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment.
Ibrahim Hussein appeared in one of the terror group's propaganda videos warning of attacks on Italy and Turkey.
Jared O'Mara's made a series of offensive comments, including joking about having an orgy with members of Girls Aloud.