In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
The parents of a missing 15-year-old girl have asked their daughter to come home in a statement released alongside Avon and Somerset Police.
For an 11 year old Syrian boy named Saleh, courage comes in learning to ride his new bike again.
A misty and cloudy night should keep frost away for most of the UK, with some spells of rain overnight.