In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
The former England captain said he was "overwhelmed" by the messages he received from football fans after Rebecca died from cancer.
David Cameron said the measure, which will save £4 million by 2020, showed a commitment to his "all in this together" approach.
The party has dropped its opposition to an in/out referendum on EU membership and now supports a vote, acting leader Harriet Harman said.