In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
Health professionals say that 16 people have been struck by the same strain as E.coli after eating blue cheese.
Tom Webb, 22, died after receiving a single stab wound to the chest on January 19 this year.
In the run-up to the Rio Olympic Games, ITV News speaks to four Olympic hopefuls in Team GB. Today we profile BMX rider Liam Phillips.