In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
Gulf War veteran Paul Briggs' widow, Lindsey, 40, launched legal action to have his life support withdrawn so he could "die with dignity".
Rescue workers are at the site Sunday morning trying to cut open mangled coaches.
Despite chilly temperatures it will be a mostly dry day, and milder than yesterday.