In the second quarter of this year, Citizens Advice Bureau gave advice on:
- 22,412 issues about social housing rent arrears - a 13 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,840 issues about possessions claims due to rent arrears in the social housing sector - a 38 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 2,736 issues about threatened homelessness in social housing - a 12 per cent increase on the same period last year
- 3,307 issues about Discretionary Housing Payments - a 110 per cent increase on the same period last year.
Of all the charity's clients advised about debt issues:
- 45 per cent are social tenants
- 31 per cent are private tenants
- 20 per cent are buying their home
- 5 per cent own their home outright.
More top news
Prime Minister insists the UK will maintain a strong relationship with Europe especially on trade and security, even after it leaves the EU.
Cloudy, with outbreaks of rain spreading northeast across the UK, however northern Scotland remaining largely dry until later.
The five-year-old was bitten on the face and had to undergo surgery to her eyelid after the dog attacked her at an event in West Yorkshire.