According to the RAC, the 10 councils making the most profit from parking charges are:
- 1. Westminster, £39.70 million
- 2. Kensington & Chelsea, west London, £30.44 million
- 3. Camden, north London, £23.,53 million
- 4. Hammersmith & Fulham, west London, £19,39 million
- 5. Brighton & Hove, £16.25 million
- 6, Wandsworth, south London, £15.89 million
- 7. Lambeth, south London, £12.00 million
- 8, Nottingham City, £11,79 million
- 9. Manchester, £8,78 million
- 10. Islington, north London, £8.21 million
More top news
A chip shop in Cullompton has created a special Christmas Dinner - completely deep fried in batter. But how does it taste?
The council say feeding birds encourages vermin who spread disease.
The legislation would slash tax rates for big business and lower levies on the richest Americans in a massive £1.13 trillion bill.