According to the RAC, the 10 councils making the most profit from parking charges are:
- 1. Westminster, £39.70 million
- 2. Kensington & Chelsea, west London, £30.44 million
- 3. Camden, north London, £23.,53 million
- 4. Hammersmith & Fulham, west London, £19,39 million
- 5. Brighton & Hove, £16.25 million
- 6, Wandsworth, south London, £15.89 million
- 7. Lambeth, south London, £12.00 million
- 8, Nottingham City, £11,79 million
- 9. Manchester, £8,78 million
- 10. Islington, north London, £8.21 million
More top news
The IMF's forecast for global growth has been cut to 3.1% - a fifth successive year of declining growth, the weakest performance since 2009.
Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas is to quit the show after more than 15 years.
Fresh violence has erupted in the West Bank following the death of a 13-year-old boy, sparking fears of a new Palestinian uprising.