According to the RAC, the 10 councils making the most profit from parking charges are:
- 1. Westminster, £39.70 million
- 2. Kensington & Chelsea, west London, £30.44 million
- 3. Camden, north London, £23.,53 million
- 4. Hammersmith & Fulham, west London, £19,39 million
- 5. Brighton & Hove, £16.25 million
- 6, Wandsworth, south London, £15.89 million
- 7. Lambeth, south London, £12.00 million
- 8, Nottingham City, £11,79 million
- 9. Manchester, £8,78 million
- 10. Islington, north London, £8.21 million
More top news
Democratic delegates at a speech in Philadelphia booed when Bernie Sanders urged them to get Hillary Clinton elected.
The so-called Islamic State released a statement alleging they had shot down a US warplane over Iraq.
The tree, which suffered previous wind damage in 2011, was made famous through the classic 1994 jailbreak film starring Morgan Freeman.