According to the RAC, the 10 councils making the most profit from parking charges are:
- 1. Westminster, £39.70 million
- 2. Kensington & Chelsea, west London, £30.44 million
- 3. Camden, north London, £23.,53 million
- 4. Hammersmith & Fulham, west London, £19,39 million
- 5. Brighton & Hove, £16.25 million
- 6, Wandsworth, south London, £15.89 million
- 7. Lambeth, south London, £12.00 million
- 8, Nottingham City, £11,79 million
- 9. Manchester, £8,78 million
- 10. Islington, north London, £8.21 million
More top news
Tesco is withdrawing a range of soft drinks, including sugary varieties of Ribena and Capri Sun, due to concerns over child obesity.
Mother charged with intent to pervert the course of justice after alleging her breastfeeding child was pulled from her by a security guard.
Dash-cam footage shows the plucky pair risk a head-on collision to stop the car which was going at 70mph.