Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Britain's biggest auto company Jaguar Land Rover said some European customers are turning their noses up at UK-made vehicles.
Police in San Diego have released two sets of video footage showing the shooting of an unarmed black man by officers.
Mostly dry across the north of the UK today, with spells of sunshine and isolated heavy showers for some.