Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
The decision was met with outrage and anger by UK cities which were on the shortlist for the prestigious award.
Mr Lewis is one of a number of Labour and Tory MPs under investigation by party officials over allegations of inappropriate conduct.
A jury has failed to reach a verdict in Emile Cilliers' trial on charges of attempting to murder his wife by tampering with her parachute.