Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Coca Cola said the issue at the Northern Ireland factory was identified "immediately" and had not affected any products currently on sale.
Alexander Blackman will walk free from prison in two weeks. Here we take a look at the timeline of events surrounding his case.
The former royal marine could be released in as little as two weeks after his sentence was reduced from murder to manslaughter.