Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
A band of heavy, thundery showers continues to move northwards through this evening, dying away overnight.
The Duke of Cambridge also laid a wreath to honour the victims before kick-off.
The mother of one of the Manchester attack victims has told of the distressing moment she found her daughter being treated after the attack.