Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Cambridge once again beat rival Oxford in the Good University Guide league table while Lancaster was named university of the year
A band of cloud and patchy rain, occasionally heavy, will move across western parts during the day.
Basketball player LeBron James hit back at the US president after Trump found himself at the centre of two separate sporting rows.