Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
More than 20 people are still unaccounted for after a huge blaze broke out at the 'rave cave' club night.
President Michel Temer arrived in Chapeco to oversee the remaining repatriation of victims of the Colombia plane crash.
Most parts will be dry this afternoon, although there are a few showers out to the western fringes of Britain.