Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed called the blast a ‘well-orchestrated attack’.
An explosion at a rally he was speaking at was the narrowest of escapes for Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
President Emmerson Mnangagwa said ‘it is not my time’ after the blast at a Zanu PF event in Bulawayo.