Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Drinking three to five cups of coffee a day could reduce the risk of clogged arteries and thus heart attacks, a study has found.
There are five million British expats across the globe. Many have a vested interest in May's election and many still have the right to vote.
Abba's Bjorn Ulvaeus has a boyish enthusiasm for the cashless society - and he has a challenge for ITV News viewers.