Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Tonight will start off clear in many areas, but cloud will increase from the east overnight, bringing some light and patchy rain.
Defending champions Arsenal squeezed into the FA Cup final despite a spirited fightback from Reading, who forced extra-time
A detective who led investigations into the Valley Parade fire tells ITV News there is "unequivocal" evidence the disaster was an accident.