Experts predict 250,000 Romanian and Bulgarian migrants will move the UK over the next five years when restrictions on entry to the UK are lifted on January 1.
According to a report by Migration Watch UK:
- A Romanian with two children and a spouse on the average wage in their home country will take home £4,000 after tax
- A Bulgarian in the same circumstance will take home £3,800
- Even if they were still on half the average Romanian or Bulgarian wage, that worker will be six times better off in the UK
- They are three times better off in Spain or Italy
- Germany is the "most attractive destination" as it has a low unemployment rate and large number of vacancies
More top news
Theresa May outlined her objectives for Brexit negotiations on Tuesday, but what did people from both sides of the referendum make of it?
Milder Atlantic air into the north with colder, Continental air into the south.
A report produced for the British government criticised the security at the Riu Imperial Marhaba hotel where 38 people were killed in 2015.