The latest review of the operating theatres at Alder Hey Children's Hospital, led by one of the NHS trust's own directors, warned, "The level of risk is such that urgent action needs to be implemented to avoid an adverse outcome or serious incident", according to Channel 4 News.
Under the heading "safety concerns", the review reportedly states:
- Safety shortcuts "have created high risk activity"
- There is "limited reporting of incidents" ie near-misses and mistakes
- There is a belief "senior management and the board are aware of the working conditions and condone it"
- Some individuals reported that the "working environment is hostile"
- There are "numerous examples" of staff feeling pressurised to undertake activities "they do not believe are safe"
The leaked report adds, "The perception of mistrust of management and the board is such that there is a widespread feeling of hopelessness that change will ever be achieved".
More top news
Summer on hold as we drift into July as the weather throws a wobbly
Boris Johnson believes that Michael Gove was scheming to take over from him.
The Hollywood star took residents in Merton by surprise when he touched down in a helicopter near Poplar Road.