Out of some 4,600 hospital doctors:
- 53% disagreed that the current system of checks (known as revalidation) would help identify and deal with unfit doctors (22% agreed)
- 86% agreed there are variations in care and that "there are certain doctors that I would not want to treat friends and family" (3% disagreed)
- 38% said they did not agree that the benefits of revalidation would outweigh the admin time required for the process (18% agreed)
Out of some 1,000 GPs:
- 60% disagreed that revalidation would work (16% agreed)
- 67% agreed that there are certain doctors they would not want to treat friends and family (6% disagreed)
- 63% did not agree that the benefits of revalidation would outweigh the extra admin (15% agreed)
More top news
Liverpool edged an epic penalty shootout to beat Middlesbrough and progress to the fourth round of the Capital One Cup.
The world famous musical, which has been running on Broadway since 1997, has broken records earning more than £2.8 billion.
There will be wet weather around tonight with rain drifting from north to south which will lead to scattered showers tomorrow morning.