RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
A bright and breezy day tomorrow with the best of the sunshine through the south and east once early mist and fog patches clear.
Thousands of people have died shortly after being declared fit to work by the Government, new figures reveal.
One billion users logged in to Facebook in a single day for the first time ever, co-founder Mark Zuckerberg announced.