RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
The family's art collection may set new records as the most valuable collection ever sold at the charity auction.
Mansfield MP Ben Bradley was warned to take down the "libellous" tweet which made the claim about the Labour leader.
A 13-year-old boy was killed while he was being taken for a ride in a high-performance Ferrari.