RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
HMP Holloway - Europe's largest women's jail is to be shut down. ITV News looks back at its history and some of its infamous inmates.
A couple from Tennessee got a wedding video with a difference when their dog filmed their "magical" day via a GoPro camera.
The Queen will return to Malta, where she once lived more than 60 years ago, tomorrow. Here is a look back on her time there.