RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
The chief executive of one of the 'big six' energy companies tells ITV News a report customers are paying too much is a concern.
10 years on, George Psaradakis has given his first interview, recalling the events of July 7 2005.
A spat between the supporters of Yvette Cooper and Liz has seen a debate rage over whether a woman needs to be a mother to be a good leader.