RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
The World Health Organization said postponing the 2016 Games would not 'significantly alter' the spread of the Zika outbreak.
Employment Minister Priti Patel has launched a scathing attack on the government's 'chaotic' immigration controls.
Hanako died peacefully in a Tokyo zoo after living alone for 67 years.