RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
Iraq's prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, announced the offensive on the western half of the city after a lull in the fighting.
David Norris, one of the men who murdered Stephen Lawrence, is seeking £10,000 in damages from the government after he was attacked in jail.
Teams searching for the missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague have admitted they're running out of logical places to look for him.