RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
Not as cold as recent nights - any frost will be confined to parts of Scotland and East Anglia where temperatures will just below freezing.
The bodies of the 64 Brazilian victims who died in the Colombian plane crash have begun their final journey home.
He once worked 15-hour shifts at a north London branch of Argos, now Adama Barrow has been declared president-elect in Gambia.