Figures obtained by ITV News have revealed a significant rise in the number of complaints made and upheld against the Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board in Wales.
- 2008/09: 17 complaints - 4 upheld
- 2009/10: 46 complaints closed - 11 upheld
- 2010/11: 51 complaints closed -14 upheld
- 2011/12: 60 complaints closed -18 upheld
- 2012/13: 87 complaints closed - 34 upheld
- 2013/14: On the 24 January 2014 of around 76 complaints closed - 32 were upheld in whole or in part
Source: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board has issued a statement relating to patient care at the Princess of Wales Hospital.
There are fresh claims of serious neglect at a hospital at the centre of a major police investigation and an independent review in Wales.