The coalition is planning to scrap or amend more than 3,000 regulations from the "serious to the ridiculous", including rules that impose bigger windows on new buildings to allow for a "dirt factor" instead of assuming people will clean them.
- Among the 80,000 documents of environmental guidance to be significantly cut back are:
- 286 pages of regulations on hedgerow maintenance and
- 380 pages on waste management
- Around 100 housebuilding standards will also be slimmed down to fewer than 10
- The changes will lead to savings of more than £850 million a year
More top news
The Russian government has launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after after high-risk poses resulted in dozens of deaths.
Actor Harry Shearer who is the voice of Mr Burns, Ned Flanders and Principal Skinner has re-signed for a 27th season of The Simpsons.
The 25-year-old Swede has made a fortune posting videos of himself playing computer games online.