The coalition is planning to scrap or amend more than 3,000 regulations from the "serious to the ridiculous", including rules that impose bigger windows on new buildings to allow for a "dirt factor" instead of assuming people will clean them.
- Among the 80,000 documents of environmental guidance to be significantly cut back are:
- 286 pages of regulations on hedgerow maintenance and
- 380 pages on waste management
- Around 100 housebuilding standards will also be slimmed down to fewer than 10
- The changes will lead to savings of more than £850 million a year
More top news
The south and east will see cloud and pouring rain, but it will be drier and brighter in the north and west.
The officer fired after the boy, who is being treated in hospital, failed to raise his hands when told to.
A pair of cyclists made the shocking discovery of a baby at the bottom of a drain in Australia.