The coalition is planning to scrap or amend more than 3,000 regulations from the "serious to the ridiculous", including rules that impose bigger windows on new buildings to allow for a "dirt factor" instead of assuming people will clean them.
- Among the 80,000 documents of environmental guidance to be significantly cut back are:
- 286 pages of regulations on hedgerow maintenance and
- 380 pages on waste management
- Around 100 housebuilding standards will also be slimmed down to fewer than 10
- The changes will lead to savings of more than £850 million a year
More top news
The NHS is at "breaking point" with declining numbers of beds compounding the situation, according to the British Medical Association.
Donald Trump's ambiguous phrase "what's happening in Sweden" during a rally on Saturday was a reference to a Fox News story, he has claimed.
Donald Trump's revised immigration ban targets the same seven Muslim majority countries listed in his original executive order, sources say.