The coalition is planning to scrap or amend more than 3,000 regulations from the "serious to the ridiculous", including rules that impose bigger windows on new buildings to allow for a "dirt factor" instead of assuming people will clean them.
- Among the 80,000 documents of environmental guidance to be significantly cut back are:
- 286 pages of regulations on hedgerow maintenance and
- 380 pages on waste management
- Around 100 housebuilding standards will also be slimmed down to fewer than 10
- The changes will lead to savings of more than £850 million a year
More top news
The Estonia Foreign Minister has said that the EU will "lose a lot" in the event of Britain leaving the EU.
A video aimed at persuading "the youth" to vote in the EU referendum appears to have misfired, it was lambasted on Twitter.
Jose Mourinho's winning pedigree is well known, but how well will he be received at Old Trafford, where winning 'the United way' is a must?