The coalition is planning to scrap or amend more than 3,000 regulations from the "serious to the ridiculous", including rules that impose bigger windows on new buildings to allow for a "dirt factor" instead of assuming people will clean them.
- Among the 80,000 documents of environmental guidance to be significantly cut back are:
- 286 pages of regulations on hedgerow maintenance and
- 380 pages on waste management
- Around 100 housebuilding standards will also be slimmed down to fewer than 10
- The changes will lead to savings of more than £850 million a year
More top news
Rebel MPs are insisting that it is written into law that MPs and Lords have the final say on the terms of Brexit.
Alabama saw a bitter campaign between Donald Trump's favourite Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones, backed by former President Barack Obama.
A year ago Bina Pani was home to 500 people but now it has disappeared after the rising tide destroyed it.