At least 33% of nurses feel the safety on the ward has decreased in the last 12 months, despite promised from Government to improve patient security.
According to a snapshot report from the Nursing Times magazine:
- 48% of nurses felt there had been "no change" in patient safety since the Francis Report into mid-Staffs was published.
- Two-thirds - 65% -said they had witnessed "poor care" in their ward or unit over recent months - a drop from 76% in last year's survey.
- Meanwhile, 42% of nurses thought the Francis report would improve things in the long term for the NHS and nursing.
- 28% said it would make no difference.
- 24% felt it had led to unfair criticism of the profession and the NHS.