At least 33% of nurses feel the safety on the ward has decreased in the last 12 months, despite promised from Government to improve patient security.
According to a snapshot report from the Nursing Times magazine:
- 48% of nurses felt there had been "no change" in patient safety since the Francis Report into mid-Staffs was published.
- Two-thirds - 65% -said they had witnessed "poor care" in their ward or unit over recent months - a drop from 76% in last year's survey.
- Meanwhile, 42% of nurses thought the Francis report would improve things in the long term for the NHS and nursing.
- 28% said it would make no difference.
- 24% felt it had led to unfair criticism of the profession and the NHS.
More top news
The rest of this weekend will see further spells of rain or snow across the UK. Icy roads expected
The new president-elect was the sole candidate to put her name forward for the role.