New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Swansea striker Bafetimbi Gomis has been stretchered off the pitch after collapsing during his side's clash with Spurs at White Hart Lane.
ITV News has obtained a video statement made by a former Royal Marine who was later killed fighting against Islamic State in Syria.
A recent three million year-old discovery in Eithiopia has pushed the timeline of human history back 400,000 years.