New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
British's biggest auto company Jaguar Land Rover said some European customers are turning their noses up at UK-made vehicles.
Police in San Diego have released two sets of video footage showing the shooting of an unarmed black man by officers.
Mostly dry across the north of the UK today, with spells of sunshine and isolated heavy showers for some.