New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
There is concern that the lack of clean water could add mean more people fall victim to the worst recorded cholera outbreak in history.
Tobias Ellwood is reportedly prepared to resign if the Government impose cuts on the Army which would see it lose 12,000 soldiers.
A towing vehicle has hit a passenger plane at Glasgow Airport after sliding on ice. The British Airways plane was preparing for take-off.