New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
A man who was abused by John Allen as a child has spoken out as the former care home boss has been found guilty of a further eight charges.
A 101-year-old retired teacher has started a new hobby, giving inspirational talks to struggling young jobseekers.
Cloud cover will keep temperatures overnight a little warmer than usual for this time of year. Expect some mist and fog by morning.