New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
As a minute's silence in honour of the Manchester bomb victims ended, a spontaneous singalong of Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger broke out.
Tomorrow it'll be hotting up again with strong sunshine and highs near 30C in places
The Labour leader will make a veiled criticism of Conservative-led administrations in a speech, four days after the deadly suicide blast.