New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Pharmaceutical giant Roche is trialling a new type of treatment which could work better than chemotherapy.
Old Labour firebrand Derek Hatton is now locked in a new fight - to rejoin his old party.
After a career which began with carrying Britain's first nuclear bombs, the last flying Vulcan Bomber is being retired.