New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Here are just some of the faces and stories of Auschwitz survivors 70 years on from the concentration camp's liberation.
Labour is promising to increase nurse training places if they win the General Election, to cut costs and boost supply.
The final of the 'Big 6' energy firms to cut prices - EDF - has announced it is reducing gas tariffs by just 1.3%.