New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
The NHS is at "breaking point" with declining numbers of beds compounding the situation, according to the British Medical Association.
Donald Trump's ambiguous phrase "what's happening in Sweden" during a rally on Saturday was a reference to a Fox News story, he has claimed.
Donald Trump's revised immigration ban targets the same seven Muslim majority countries listed in his original executive order, sources say.