New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Neil Conway, who has terminal motor neurone disease, vowed to continue his battle against assisted dying law despite losing a High Court bid
Emergency services in Queensland posted a picture of the bull shark that wound up on a road while swimming in flood waters.
An apparent threat to pull security co-operation unless the European Union agrees to a trade deal has been played down by ministers.