New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of terror offences as he prepared to leave the UK.
An man is reported to have wounded at least five people - two seriously - in an attack in the Swiss town of Schaffhausen.
Donald Trump's son-in-law has denied any improper conduct during four contacts with Russians during and after the presidential election.