New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
A group of 'cereal offenders' have made off with £45,000 worth of Kellogg's breakfast bars after stealing a lorry full of the snacks.
One person has been killed and three others injured in a shooting at the Northern Arizona University.
Teejay Stainer's wish was for the rapper to see his prosthetic "Eminem legs", and it was granted after an online appeal went viral.