New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Announcing his plans on immigration, the Republican presidential nominee promised to restrict refugees from Syria and Libya.
Gay men in Northern Ireland will now be able to donate blood for the first time after a controversial lifetime ban was lifted.
A number of Cabinet ministers will begin a round of Brexit talks with foreign counterparts on Thursday.