New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
Changes in gait could prove to be an early sign of Parkinson's disease, according to a new study.
Tomorrow a new band of rain will move across mainly western Scotland, further south it will stay bright with some sunny spells.
The story of Darek Fidyka, who can walk again four years after his spine was severed, is hopeful. But one case study is very limited.