New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
High street stores con customers by offering "discounts" which offer little to no savings - and may end up costing more, Which? has claimed.
Britain has claimed victory over Germany in a special football match marking 100 years since the near-legendary WWI Christmas truce match.
A new medication derived from cannabis could help reduce seizures in children with severe epilepsy - and is now being trialled in the UK.