New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
A Leicester City fan who put a £5 bet on a 5000-1 that his team would win the Premier League could find himself £25,000 richer.
The psychiatrist brother of Chancellor George Osborne has admitted having sex with a vulnerable patient, a disciplinary panel has heard.
Some southern counties have seen their windiest winds of the winter so far today.