New England-wide data released by Public Health England has revealed that 63.8% of adults are now obese or overweight. A breakdown of local authorities has also been released.
- The fattest local authority area is Copeland in west Cumbria, where 75.9% of people are overweight or obese, followed by:
- Doncaster 74.4%
- East Lindsey in Lincolnshire 73.8%
- Ryedale in North Yorkshire 73.7%
- Sedgemoor in Somerset 73.4%
- Gosport in Hampshire 72.9%
- Castle Point in Essex 72.8%
- Bolsover in Derbyshire 72.5%
- County Durham 72.5%
- Milton Keynes 72.5%
More top news
A senior health official has called for vitamin supplements for children amid warnings over a rickets 'epidemic'.
The former Top Gear also revealed his cancer scare just two days before the fracas which led to his sacking.
Tonight will start off clear in many areas, but cloud will increase from the east overnight, bringing some light and patchy rain.