A group calling itself the IRA claimed responsibility for sending devices to army recruitment centres by contacting a Northern Irish media outlet on Saturday, police have said.
A Metropolitan Police statement read:
We are aware of the claim of responsibility for the devices that were sent to army recruitment centres in England last week.
The claim was received on Saturday, 15 February by a Northern Irish media outlet using a recognised codeword.
The claim was allegedly made on behalf of the 'IRA'.
The public is urged to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to the Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321.
More top news
Greece's former finance minister told ITV News that Britain should remain in the EU and 'fight' to democratise it from the inside.
Monica O'Connor and at least two other people were killed in the incident, and a British man remains missing.
Lively downpours across the south, Wales and Northern Ireland today - slow moving and intense with hail and thunder.