Councils will be able to draw upon a £4m fund to cover the bill for giving residents a rebate while they are out of their homes.
The councils will not be forced to introduce the payment exemptions, Number 10 said.
More top news
Ms Ardern posted a photo showing her and Clarke Gayford with the baby at Auckland City Hospital.
Nasa says scientists have found 95% of near-Earth objects measuring a kilometre or bigger, but the remaining 5% could inflict big damage.
There will be showers during the morning across Scotland, but these will clear during the afternoon.