The Government target is for 85% of patients with suspected cancer to start treatment within 62 days of being urgently referred by their GP.
Monitor's report shows:
- 18 trusts breached this target, up from 12 the previous quarter and compared with four in the same period in 2012
- 39 trusts are now in financial deficit - almost double the same period last year
- 1.6 million patients were waiting for treatment in December - 14% higher than December 2012
- 28 foundation trusts failed the four-hour A&E waiting time target from October-December 2013
- Of England's 147 NHS Foundation Trusts, 26 are currently in breach of their licence
- 8 of those trusts are in special measures
More top news
A manhunt for a suspected fugitive gunman has ended after he handed himself in to police.
Ben Mee has picked up six player of the year awards at Burnley this season and is focused on the club's return to the Premier League.
The company has adapted its range to create two polishes based on the spices used for their chicken recipes.