The Government target is for 85% of patients with suspected cancer to start treatment within 62 days of being urgently referred by their GP.
Monitor's report shows:
- 18 trusts breached this target, up from 12 the previous quarter and compared with four in the same period in 2012
- 39 trusts are now in financial deficit - almost double the same period last year
- 1.6 million patients were waiting for treatment in December - 14% higher than December 2012
- 28 foundation trusts failed the four-hour A&E waiting time target from October-December 2013
- Of England's 147 NHS Foundation Trusts, 26 are currently in breach of their licence
- 8 of those trusts are in special measures
More top news
The Prince and Princess will be treated to a petting zoo and a puppet show along with the children of local military families.
Andrew Patrick Saunders has been accused of murdering two people in Cardiff.
Senior lawyer Elizabeth Prochaska has left her position as junior counsel.