Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
A strange fish has alarmed holiday makers in Magaluf this week, with many believing that a Great White Shark is prowling the warm waters.
Actress and writer Meera Syal will be made a CBE today during an investiture ceremony for her services to drama and literature.
Nebraska resident Sylvia Ann Driskell wants a US District Judge to rule 'once and for all' on whether homosexuality is a sin.