Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Children as young as 11 and 12 are being caught drinking and driving, police records show.
Bond is back, again - author Anthony Horowitz is writing a new 007 novel based on an idea by the secret agent's creator Ian Fleming.
Staying mild overnight with a sunny start forecast for most of the UK.