Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
A hitchhiking robot that won the hearts of fans worldwide has met an untimely end after being vandalised on its trip across the US.
Rules could be changed to remove support for failed asylum seekers living in Britain with their families, a Home Office minister has said.
More than 50 dog surfers of all breeds and sizes joined an annual dog surfing competition in California