Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
The prince laid a floral wreath at one of a group of metal crosses near Wellington Arch in central London.
The group, which also owns Premier Inn, said on Wednesday that it will pursue a ‘demerger of Costa’.
The showers will become more frequent as the day goes on, giving some heavy downpours in places during the afternoon.