Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Very windy with gales possible
Strong performance from world number 100 meant Great Britain very nearly dominated day one of the competition.
As a promotion Black Friday is flawed. While it whips up demand and redistributes it the event doesn't obviously generate additional sales.