Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
MI5 face mounting pressure over claims the IS executioner 'Jihadi John', named yesterday as a London graduate, was known to them
Labour leader Ed Miliband is due to set out his party's plans on how it would cut tuition fees.
New drug driving laws are to come into effect next week, including laws on some prescribed medications.