Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
A mother whose young son died from sepsis has convinced the Health Secretary to start an awareness campaign about the illness.
The pair discussed Peake's safe return from space and helping disadvantaged young people.
Here's everything we know so far about the latest terrorist incident in France.