Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Music and art events pop up over the city as residents resolve not to let the horrendous suicide attack terrorise them.
Pupils who witnessed the Manchester bomb attack have paid special tribute to victims with a stunning cover of Ariana Grande's My Everything.
Time to ditch the duvet