Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
An aide for a stop-Corbyn candidate says it's now a question of whether Corbyn can get above or below around 48% of first preference votes.
Real Madrid have criticised Manchester United's slowness in completing a deal for David De Gea on Monday.
The Schengen agreement allows free movement through 26 countries meaning migrants can travel through much of Europe unchecked.