Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Clashes between rival supporters marred West Ham's EFL Cup fourth round win over Chelsea at the former Olympic Stadium
Jane Beedle, Andrew Smyth, and Candice Brown went head-to-head in a closely contested royal themed final.
Thousands of women travel from Nigeria to Italy each year - many of them trafficked to act as sex workers, ITV News discovers.