Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
The Prince of Wales was among dignitaries who paid tribute to fallen officers at the National Police Memorial Day service.
A Katie Chapman own goal and a Toni Duggan penalty were enough for Nick Cushing's ladies to claim their first league title.
The Spaniard has overseen 10 straight victories since taking charge at the Etihad Stadium, including a derby win over Manchester United.