Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
The NHS is failing to hit several key targets - with some areas worsening at the end of last year.
The divorce was granted in just 20 seconds at a hearing in central London on Thursday.
A Nigerian bread seller has landed a modelling contract after walking by chance in to shot during a photoshoot for pop star Tinie Tempah.