Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
In the hours following the incident, journalists Can Dundar and Erdem Gul were found guilty in their trial for revealing state secrets.
After a wintry end to last week, a fast track to summer
The government has made its third U-turn in a matter of days as the prime minister struggles to push policy through on a slim majority.