Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
A newborn baby girl has been killed by dogs after they attacked her while she was lying on a sofa.
It is plausible to say we haven't had our last vote or say on the nature of Britain's relationship with the EU.
After Roy Hodgson's resignation following England's humiliating exit from Euro 2016, who are the leading contenders to replace him?