Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Madonna says she still cannot bring herself to watch footage of the moment she fell on stage while performing at the Brit Awards.
Ed Miliband has pledged to give zero-hours workers the right to convert their contract into a regular job after three months.
More than 100 leaders have declared their support for a Conservative-led government, warning a Labour would "put the recovery at risk".