Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Speaking to ITV News' Mark Austin on the anniversary of the London bombings, ex-PM says nations around the world will need to respond.
A Canadian man has been arrested after tying more than 100 balloons to a garden chair and flying over the city of Calgary.
A van bearing the faces of some of Britain's most wanted fugitives will be driven around parts of Spain popular with expats in a new push.