Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Freezing and frosty for some of us
Laura Schwartz, former White House aide to Bill Clinton, tells ITV News about the importance of the inauguration.
The council blames Westminster for cutting funding and say the rise is crucial to be able to afford social care.