Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Trains on the route will be brought back under public control from Sunday, with the London North Eastern Railway brand being resurrected.
Drones and fireworks ensured the spectacle got off to a memorable start in front of 20,000 people.
Boris Johnson said the UK would not accept a Brexit which left the country ‘half in and half out’ of the EU.