Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Doctors have warned that plans for "brutal " NHS cuts are shrouded in secrecy and will cause uproar once revealed.
A man had a "miracle escape" when his £200,000 Ferrari careered off a motorway and into a field - just an hour after he bought it.
Hundreds of towers across England were discovered to have fire safety flaws including broken fire doors and holes, new figures show.