Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
A farmer has welcomed a herd of alpacas to his farm this Christmas to protect his flock of 24,000 free-range turkeys from fox attacks.
Paloma Faith has praised the NHS after undergoing an emergency caesarean section during the birth of her first child.
As ITV News reports on the environmental impact of over packaging, we ask you to share your pictures of retailers' overzealous packing.