Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
The four 'newish' insights into what Brexit means to Theresa May in her letter to Donald Tusk.
Mild with cloudy skies
The contents of the letter to the European Union signaling Britain's intent to leave the EU have been revealed.