Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Special forces say they have attacked a sprawling site adjacent to the city's airport in a bid to liberate the area from IS.
Commuters were also warned to expect travel chaos as Doris gathered speeds of nearly 90mph.
A man with 62 penalty points on his licence is among thousands of motorists allowed to drive despite exceeding the limit warranting a ban.