Government plans to tackle child poverty may include a £50 cut to energy bills, according to reports.
Draft measurers seen by the Observer newspaper include:
- An extension of the £135 warm home discount, which is currently available only to older people.
- Reducing water costs by introducing a cap on bills for low-income families on a water meter with three of more children.
- Wider eligibility for free school meals and free school transport.
- Building more affordable housing.
- Introducing a cap on payday lending.
More top news
Dave Lee Travis found guilty of indecent assault, not guilty of another assault and jury are unable to each a verdict on another charge.
Tom Bradby will play host to the leaders of the three main parties, as well as the biggest names from the worlds of arts and culture.
One of the greatest sporting events on earth gets underway this week as the Ryder Cup heads to Scotland, here's everything you need to know