Grimshaw leaves show on air after swallowing glass

BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show host Nick Grimshaw had to leave this morning's show while still on air after accidentally swallowing a piece of glass that was in a mug he was drinking from.

Fearne Cotton was forced to fill in for the final 45 minutes of the show as Grimshaw was rushed to hospital.

The 29-year-old DJ later tweeted that he coughed the piece of glass up after an X-ray and was "all fine now".

Tw_normal

went to hospy, had X-rays, coughed it up, all fine now. ??? I can eat glass in a circus now if all else fails

Advertisement

Today's top stories