Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
The mum wrote the emotional letter after her eight-year-old with Down's syndrome was the only child in his class not invited to a party.
More than 1,800 litter pickers will clear an estimated 57 tonnes of reusable items and half a million sacks of rubbish.
Time for Project Let's-Make-the-Best-of-it.