Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
The high-tech new notes due to be released in September have one major drawback - they can stick to each other, the bank has said
A family will have to give their loved one a second funeral after a mortuary blunder at Southport Hospital got two bodies mixed up.
Mark Stribling and Robert Stilwell are charged with immigration offences after a boat of 18 Albanian migrants sunk off the Kent coast.