Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
Sir Bruce Forsyth had to be rushed to hospital after a fall at his home.
Figures show seal shooting is on the decline but 51 licences were granted this year permitting the cull of more than 850 marine mammals.
Three goals were enough to send the team through to its first major football tournament finals since the World Cup in 1986.