Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
Singer Barry Manilow is out of surgery and doing well after the singer was rushed to hospital following a performance in Memphis.
A factory owner who created a Hungarian "slave workforce" to supply beds to big-name retailers like John Lewis has been jailed.
The boyfriend of EastEnders actress Sian Blake is charged with murdering her and their two children.