Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
Donald Trump has indicated he does not intend to block the release of thousands of secret files about the assassination of John F Kennedy.
Storm Brian will track off into the north sea later tonight. Blustery tomorrow.
The Evening Standard airbrushed the singer's braids from its front cover.