Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
Bradford City co-chairman Mark Lawn has blasted TV broadcasters over their FA Cup fifth round match choices
Face to face with 2 tons of unpredictable muscle is an awe-inspiring moment but within a few years it will be impossible, they will be gone.
A cat in Florida clawed his way out of his grave after his owner buried him believing him to be dead following a car accident.