Consumers are being urged to cut their sugar intake to 5% per day by the World Health Organisation.
Health campaigners Action on Sugar have warned some foods are deceptive about the amount of sugar they contained.
- Some fat free yoghurt can contain up to five teaspoons of refined sugar
- Tomato based pasta sauce was found to have three teaspoons of sugar per jar
- One tablespoon of shop bought white coleslaw was found to have four teaspoons of sugar
- "Enhanced" or flavoured water was found to have as much as 15g of sugar
- Some processed bread was found to have as much as 3g of sugar
More top news
Police are searching for the 'despicable' thieves who stole an elderly couple's Christmas money in a distraction robbery.
The row over parking allegedly started after the local council re-paved a road in Harrow.
While most of us think our calorie consumption is around 2,600 it will actually be nearer 6,000 - the same as 12 Big macs.