The six pillars of Gordon Brown's plan to revamp the UK's relationship with Scotland will outline a "radical" transfer of powers downwards from Westminster and Edinburgh to local communities". It also includes:
- A new UK constitutional law setting out a plan to share resources for defence and security.
- A constitutional guarantee of the permanence of the Scottish Parliament.
- A new division of powers between Scotland and Westminster that gives Holyrood more powers in employment, health, transport and economic regeneration.
- A new tax sharing agreement that balances the commitment of the UK to pool and share its resources.
- New power-sharing partnerships to address shared problems on poverty, unemployment, housing need and the environment.
More top news
Uplifting messages greeted commuters on the London Underground a day after the terror attack in Westminster.
Faith leaders from across London say religious communities will "stand together" in the wake of the Westminster terror attack.
Pc Keith Palmer was among the three people killed yesterday in the Westminster terror attack.