The six pillars of Gordon Brown's plan to revamp the UK's relationship with Scotland will outline a "radical" transfer of powers downwards from Westminster and Edinburgh to local communities". It also includes:
- A new UK constitutional law setting out a plan to share resources for defence and security.
- A constitutional guarantee of the permanence of the Scottish Parliament.
- A new division of powers between Scotland and Westminster that gives Holyrood more powers in employment, health, transport and economic regeneration.
- A new tax sharing agreement that balances the commitment of the UK to pool and share its resources.
- New power-sharing partnerships to address shared problems on poverty, unemployment, housing need and the environment.
More top news
The former England captain said he was "overwhelmed" by the messages he received from football fans after Rebecca died from cancer.
David Cameron said the measure, which will save £4 million by 2020, showed a commitment to his "all in this together" approach.
The party has dropped its opposition to an in/out referendum on EU membership and now supports a vote, acting leader Harriet Harman said.