The six pillars of Gordon Brown's plan to revamp the UK's relationship with Scotland will outline a "radical" transfer of powers downwards from Westminster and Edinburgh to local communities". It also includes:
- A new UK constitutional law setting out a plan to share resources for defence and security.
- A constitutional guarantee of the permanence of the Scottish Parliament.
- A new division of powers between Scotland and Westminster that gives Holyrood more powers in employment, health, transport and economic regeneration.
- A new tax sharing agreement that balances the commitment of the UK to pool and share its resources.
- New power-sharing partnerships to address shared problems on poverty, unemployment, housing need and the environment.
More top news
Mourners donned their masks and capes for a special superhero-themed funeral for a comic book fan who killed himself after being bullied.
Drug dealer who posed for selfies with wads of cash from his crimes is jailed for six years.
The traumatised children had to be rescued by fire fighters after the driver ignored closed road signs during a major flood.