The six pillars of Gordon Brown's plan to revamp the UK's relationship with Scotland will outline a "radical" transfer of powers downwards from Westminster and Edinburgh to local communities". It also includes:
- A new UK constitutional law setting out a plan to share resources for defence and security.
- A constitutional guarantee of the permanence of the Scottish Parliament.
- A new division of powers between Scotland and Westminster that gives Holyrood more powers in employment, health, transport and economic regeneration.
- A new tax sharing agreement that balances the commitment of the UK to pool and share its resources.
- New power-sharing partnerships to address shared problems on poverty, unemployment, housing need and the environment.
More top news
Sir Gerald Kaufman Labour MP for Manchester Gorton and Father of The House of Commons has died aged 86, a family spokesman said.
A very unsettled start to the new week with heavy, thundery, occasionally wintry showers spreading in from the west throughout the day.
It had been reported that four domain names which appeared to support Clive Lewis for Labour leader were registered in June last year.