The six pillars of Gordon Brown's plan to revamp the UK's relationship with Scotland will outline a "radical" transfer of powers downwards from Westminster and Edinburgh to local communities". It also includes:
- A new UK constitutional law setting out a plan to share resources for defence and security.
- A constitutional guarantee of the permanence of the Scottish Parliament.
- A new division of powers between Scotland and Westminster that gives Holyrood more powers in employment, health, transport and economic regeneration.
- A new tax sharing agreement that balances the commitment of the UK to pool and share its resources.
- New power-sharing partnerships to address shared problems on poverty, unemployment, housing need and the environment.
More top news
Vladimir Putin has announced the withdrawal of a “significant” number of Russian troops from Syria during a surprise visit to the country.
Window blinds with cords should be completely banned to prevent children being strangled, a new study has recommended.
The NYPD are responding to a suspected blast at the central Manhattan transport hub near Times Square.