- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
The Prince of Wales visited areas recovering from Hurricane Irma, which battered the British Virgin Islands in September.
Taken in the White Drawing Room at Windsor Castle, a new photograph marks the couple's 70th wedding anniversary.
The 69-year-old republic veteran told the annual Sinn Fein Ard Fheis it would be his last as leader.