- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Business Secretary Vince Cable says the party plans to double the number of employers offering apprenticeships to young people.
A study suggests people who are obese fall into six types including heavy drinking males, young healthy females and those in poorest health.
Ed Miliband will announce the plan to crack down on exploitation which he says is driving immigration of low skilled workers and poor wages.