- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Winston McKenzie has lost his title as Lambeth and North Croydon chairman during an investigation which has seen the whole branch suspended.
The best of the weather will be in the south but as darkness falls it will be a blustery night for everyone.
Justin Bieber just lost 3.5 million followers in what has been dubbed the "Instagram Rapture".