- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Her ex-boyfriend Arthur Collins has been charged in connection with an acid attack at an east London nightclub.
The delay - which has seen the patient confined to a hospital bed for 1,338 days - has been described as "truly scandalous".
A toy dinosaur and a striped blanket the baby was wrapped in when it was born were among the items stolen.