- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
The tech firm has submitted proposals for 13 emojis depicting wheelchair users, bionic arms, guide dogs, hearing aids and walking sticks.
Cloudy and damp across much of England and Wales, although the rain should turn lighter and more patchy by the afternoon.
A British journalist based in Egypt has been expelled from the country as authorities tighten control over the media ahead.