- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
World leaders past and present have gathered in Israel for the funeral of the country's former prime minister and president Shimon Peres.
The newspaper's latest claims surround Eric Black, who allegedly offered advice on how to bribe officials at other clubs.
One of the most ambitious space missions ever embarked on will end at around 12.20pm today.