- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
The US president insisted his row with the NFL over players kneeling during the national anthem has 'nothing to do with race'.
The new rules cover Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen and replace the current ban which was expiring.
Many central and eastern areas will start cloudy with some rain and hill fog.