- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Harvey Weinstein, health and a plot to fix an England cricket match are on the front pages.
The president welcomed the North’s conciliatory response to his Thursday letter withdrawing from the summit.
About half of the approximately 7,000 civilians who worked for the British in Afghanistan were interpreters.