- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
North Korea has blamed Malaysia for the death of Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Following months of speculation, the former Girls Aloud singer has finally gone public with her pregnancy.
No surprise that David Bowie won at the Brits tonight, the show felt dominated by the stars that have died in the past year.