- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Jeroen Dijsselbloem said that there will be an economic cost to Theresa May's plan for Brexit.
The building was once the tallest in Iran's capital and was on fire for several hours before it collapsed.
Vegetable lovers across the UK will be met with possible despair when they attempt to purchase the humble courgette from a supermarket.