- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
Dr Michio Hirano denied having any financial interest in the experimental treatment considered for the baby.
The measures are set to be included in a court-mandated clean air strategy the Government is due to publish on Wednesday.
Low pressure in the Atlantic brings a spell of wet and windy weather on Wednesday.