- One of Russia's most-wanted terrorists, head of the Caucasus Emirate militant group and nicknamed 'Russia's Bin Laden'.
- Recently reported to have urged militants to attack the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- The US State Department offered a bounty of $5m for information leading to his capture.
- claimed responsibility for numerous attacks in Russia, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the Domodedovo airport bombing in 2011.
- Chechnya's pro-Russian president, Ramzan Kadyrov, claimed Umarov had been killed in January.
More top news
It will be a wet Friday for most of us as a band of rain sweeps across the UK and weather warnings have been issued in Scotland.
A Labour MP has angered Ed Miliband after she tweeted a picture of a house draped with England flags with the words "Image from Rochester."
Speaking exclusively to ITV News, the man said he wanted to be able to return to the UK without the threat of prosecution.