Over a third of broadband customers said they have an internet connection which frequently drops out, a survey from Which? revealed.
According to the consumer group:
- One in seven have not been able to connect to the internet at all on more than one occasion.
- Of the 45% experiencing slow speeds, 58% said this was a frequent or constant problem.
- Poor customer service was also exposed by the survey - Around one quarter (27%) have waited more than two days for after reporting a loss for anything to be done.
- Some 11% waited a week or more.
- The watchdog found 31% who contacted their provider with a problem did not get a resolution at all.
More top news
The mother of "bucket list" cancer patient Stephen Sutton has said signs of her son's illness were "ignored".
Boxing champion and occasional actor Mike Tyson has been praised for coming to the aid of a motorcyclist injured in a crash in Las Vegas.
A website is threatening the release of hacked nude pictures of Emma Watson, reportedly in response to her speech on gender equality.