Over a third of broadband customers said they have an internet connection which frequently drops out, a survey from Which? revealed.
According to the consumer group:
- One in seven have not been able to connect to the internet at all on more than one occasion.
- Of the 45% experiencing slow speeds, 58% said this was a frequent or constant problem.
- Poor customer service was also exposed by the survey - Around one quarter (27%) have waited more than two days for after reporting a loss for anything to be done.
- Some 11% waited a week or more.
- The watchdog found 31% who contacted their provider with a problem did not get a resolution at all.
More top news
The success of the No camp is mainly due to Tsipras convincing people a No vote will strengthen their hands in negotiations.
As we move into the weekend, expect things to get rather more unsettled weather-wise - thought it will stay hot and humid for some.
More than 80 prominent Britons, including Boris Johnson, Russell Brand and former Government ministers, urge Obama to release Aamer.