Over a third of broadband customers said they have an internet connection which frequently drops out, a survey from Which? revealed.
According to the consumer group:
- One in seven have not been able to connect to the internet at all on more than one occasion.
- Of the 45% experiencing slow speeds, 58% said this was a frequent or constant problem.
- Poor customer service was also exposed by the survey - Around one quarter (27%) have waited more than two days for after reporting a loss for anything to be done.
- Some 11% waited a week or more.
- The watchdog found 31% who contacted their provider with a problem did not get a resolution at all.
More top news
Ex-Dragon's Den star Doug Richard has pleaded not guilty to a string of child sex charges after appearing before the Old Bailey.
The independent child sexual abuse inquiry has named the first institutions facing investigation - including local councils and the Church.
The Queen has paid tribute to both her husband and son in her opening speech at this year's Commonwealth summit.