Edinburgh City Council says it has cordoned off a number of areas in schools after a wall collapsed on and killed 12-year-old Keane Wallis-Bennett.
An investigation by the council into walls at several schools found no concerns, but some areas had been sectioned off "as a precaution until the end of term".
The council's chief executive, Sue Bruce, said: “This has been a dreadful incident and my deepest sympathies, and those of my colleagues, are with the family and friends of Keane.
“The Council has taken immediate action and we are determined to provide reassurance to parents, pupils and the people of Edinburgh that we will do everything in our power to prevent anything like this happening again.
More top news
David Cameron is to put working people "front and centre" of his economic plan our economic plan" if the Conservatives win the election.
Nearly 38,000 runners will hope to complete Sunday's London Marathon making it the biggest event in its 35-year history.
Rain across central Britain with longer, intense downpours with thunder in places this evening. A lucky few will stay sunny and dry.