Helen Clements and her children Charlie and George told ITV News that her car had "overheated", causing the family to abandon the vehicle at a lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park.
Ms Clements said: "What we thought we better do is, because what you are supposed to do is sound your horn, so we did. But my son George thought he better get out the car, so he opened the door, and got out the car. And I just said "George don't get out of the car"".
More top news
Those taking part in the bizarre trend say the combination of fruit juices and hot water makes for a uniquely liberating experience.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic once again proved his worth to Manchester United, with two decisive goals against Southampton at Wembley
Heavy, thundery, at times wintry showers across the UK overnight tonight and throughout Monday. Feeling increasingly cold.