Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
Police said they are concerned for the welfare of 13-year-old Serena Alexander-Benson.
Warm with sunshine and a soaking
Leo Varadkar claimed Ireland was united with men and women, nearly every age group and social class opting for reform in Friday’s referendum