Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
Research carried out in December revealed 86% of surveyors reported no increase in first-time buyer inquiries following the changes.
A survey of 900 GPs revealed that doctors are seeing on average around 41.5 patients every day.
Freezing cold : wintry, wet & very windy