Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
The Prime Minister has rubbished the claim from the former London mayor that British troops were 'discredited' after Iraq and Afghanistan
Brothers Andy and Jamie Murray have beaten Belgian pair David Goffin and Steve Darcis to take a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup Final
Protesters gathered outside Downing Street to urge MPs to vote down plans to bomb the war-torn country