Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
More than seven million people in their 30s and 40s will lose out by £10,000 each under plans to increase the state pension age to 68.
The Duke of Cambridge reveals he often talks to Prince George and Princess Charlotte about their other grandmother.
The Queen asked Harry Herbert about Diana in the weeks before her and Prince Charles' separation because she was so worried about her.