Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
Four migrants who tried to cross the Channel in an inflatable dinghy have reportedly been rescued by French coastguards.
The victim, a man in his 40s, is being treated in hospital for "life-changing" injuries after the attack by two men who remain on the run.
Heavy security presence as 64,000 fans gather at the Stade de France stadium for the Six Nations rugby match between France and Italy.