Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
Satoshi Uematsu, 26, was sent to the Yokohama District Public Prosecutors Office in Kanagawa prefecture.
West Yorkshire Police confirmed a 32-year-old woman was taken into custody in connection with the alleged threats.
Five women shared their views about whether Hillary Clinton's Democratic presidential nomination is a defining moment in US history.