Over one quarter of the abuse posted online to teachers was from the parents of pupils they looked after, a survey has found.
A survey from the NASUWT teaching union found 27% of teachers who had been victims of online abuse had received nasty comments from parents.
The poll also found:
- Almost two thirds (64%) said the comments had been made by pupils.
- Just over three in five (61%) said that the pupils posting the comments had been aged between 14 and 16.
- Another third (35%) were from youngsters were between 11 and 14.
- Around a fifth (21%) said that the youngsters responsible were 16 to 19.
- Some 3% were from pupils aged between seven and 11.
More top news
Two distraught dog owners have been reunited with their beloved pet pooch - seven years after she was stolen from their home.
David Cameron hasn't repeated his migrant 'swarm' comment since his interview with ITV News, but he's likely to be reminded of it.
Breaking Bad fans can relive the adventures of Walter White - only with no actual drugs - thanks to a new novelty café in Turkey.