After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Marjorie and Michael Cawdery, both 83, are understood to have been stabbed to death in a killing their family called "incomprehensible".
Detectives have launched a murder investigation following the shooting in Brent, north west London on Friday night.
Hot and humid throughout the Bank Holiday Weekend.