After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Cricket stars, celebrities and fans have joined a social media campaign paying tribute to Phil Hughes by leaving their cricket bats out.
Eight out of 10 asthma sufferers are not getting enough clinical care, a leading health charity has found.
Phillip Schofield has revealed that an eccentric fan who wanted to marry him arranged a wedding - leaving him with the bill.