After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Survey finds many children have encountered dangers online but their parents are disregarding the hazards and failing to educate them
Spiders are able to travel across water like ships, using their legs as sails and silk as an anchor, according to new research.
Patient care will suffer if the Chancellor does not announce additional NHS funding in next week's budget, a think tank has warned.