After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Angela Merkel has taken a step towards forming a cross-party coalition and ending months of political deadlock.
Thousands of women's rights campaigners have held a rally outside Downing Street.
Hundreds of people are visiting St Joseph's Church in Limerick to pay tribute at the church wake for Dolores O'Riordan.