After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The world is facing a "global health emergency", according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
A 25-year-old man has been arrested in Newport, South Wales, in connection with the Parsons Green terror attack, Scotland Yard said.
A milder night ahead with some cloud low enough to be misty in places.