After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Heavy rain continues across southern Scotland/northern England and the southwest.
Staff at the hospital treating critically-ill baby Charlie Gard have received "shocking" abuse including death threats over the case.
The actor, best known for his role as the dad in Home Alone, was found dead on Friday in his hotel room in Palo Alto, California.