After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
In an embarrassing setback for the president, Republicans failed to reach the number of votes to pass his new healthcare act into law.
It will feel pleasantly warm in the sunshine, with temperatures reaching 12 or 13 Celsius (54 to 55F).
Some of Britain's biggest stars of the stage and screen will be honoured at Buckingham Palace later today.