After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Adverts featuring blind footballers kicking a cat and a twerking businessman were among the most complained-about commercials of 2016.
No energy supplier scored highly enough to be awarded the Which? recommended provider status.
ITV said the move was to "focus our efforts on our digital platforms, in support of the main show."