After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Rail companies could be made to inform delayed passengers of their compensation rights via train announcements.
The British arm of the retail chain earned 7.7 billion in sales in 2015.
The Canadian government has settled thousands of refugees fleeing conflict in Syria.