After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
All this week while reporting, I have been taking photos. They offer powerful portraits of the lives affected by the desperate outbreak.
Some of the world's biggest football clubs will ask FIFA to move the 2022 World Cup to spring.
After saying she wanted "just a card" for her birthday Betty Musker is celebrating her 104th with over 6,000 cards from around the world.