After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Spoilt with more springtime sunshine
Gwen Stefani was joined by two of Hollywood's biggest stars in the latest episode of James Corden's Carpool Karaoke.
Special 'baby boxes' allowing mothers to give away unwanted babies safely have been installed at fire stations in Indiana, USA.