After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The Lib Dems have called on the UK to follow suit of countries like Portugal in treating drugs as a health rather than a criminal problem.
Soloman Bygraves followed 93-year-old Stanley Evans into his block of flats and pushed him over as he lunged for his wallet.
Scottish Power has accepted a 12-day sales ban after the company failed to meet Ofgem's customer service targets.