After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Thousands of people marched in support of Scottish independence supporters marched through Glasgow.
Muslim leaders say they don't want to "taint" Islam by burying Adel Kermiche who slit the throat of 85-year-old priest Father Jacques Hamel.
Shadow chancellor John McDonnell has called on Labour leadership challenger Owen Smith to condemn attempts to split the party.