After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
ITV News readers have called for the return of the popular Oxo ad series this Christmas as a tribute following Lynda Bellingham's death.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child in April 2015, a statement from Kensington Palace has confirmed.
Downton Abbey's Thomas Barrow has taken the decision to try and 'cure' his homosexuality with painful injections but what are his motives?