After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Scotland will see a mixture of sunshine and showers today, with some showers turning wintry in places.
Two men seen as alternative voices to the US political establishment have won decisive victories in the New Hampshire presidential primary.
Takeaway food and alcohol are causing a growing obesity crisis among pets, according to a leading animal welfare charity.