After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Dry and sunny for most, however, some isolated heavy and thundery showers will develop.
A three-year-old boy has died after drowning at David Lloyd club on Tongue Lane in Leeds
The MP has become Welsh Labour's first deputy leader after the result was announced at the Welsh Labour conference in Llandudno.