After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Police are issuing appeals for a gang who attacked two men after luring them into meeting with what they thought were underage girls.
Aston Villa came from behind to shock Liverpool at Wembley and book their place in the FA Cup final against Arsenal next month
The film appears to show the executions of Ethiopian Christians on the beach in Libya. It has not been verified.