After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
A Malaysian court has found a man guilty of murdering two British medical students in Borneo.
A Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate has said he deliberately caught HIV after years battling depression.
Noel Edmonds beat off competition from Ant and Dec to be voted Britain's favourite children's TV presenter.