After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Alastair Stewart explains how significantly he rates the UK's decision to leave the EU as a political story.
The move comes amid a motion of no confidence that was tabled against Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
The first anniversary of the Sousse terrorist attack - which left 30 Britons dead - will be marked by families of the victims on Sunday.