After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The NHS is to set up 11 centres to unlock the secrets of DNA and help develop tests and drugs to target cancer and rare genetic diseases.
Australian businessman named as Alan Sugar's newest apprentice and winner of a £250,000 investment in his fledgling company.
The 270 victims of the Lockerbie bombing have been remembered today, 26 years to the day that they lost their lives in the air disaster.