After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The mother of "bucket list" cancer patient Stephen Sutton has said signs of her son's illness were "ignored".
Boxing champion and occasional actor Mike Tyson has been praised for coming to the aid of a motorcyclist injured in a crash in Las Vegas.
A website is threatening the release of hacked nude pictures of Emma Watson, reportedly in response to her speech on gender equality.