After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has been awarded a knighthood by Australia.
A "crippling" and "potentially historic" blizzard is set to hit the US, possibly leaving up to 30 inches of snow.
The abusive pasts of more than 1,300 violent partners have been disclosed under a scheme introduced less than a year ago, new figures show.