After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The tourists had no idea they were about to be dropped off at the star-studded ceremony to meet A-listers.
It comes just weeks after actor Michael Keaton confused the names of films Hidden Figures and Fences at the Golden Globes.
All eyes were on the stars as they arrived on the red carpet for the 89th Oscars. But who won in the fashion stakes?