After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Slovakia and the Czech Republic call for a collective rejection with Hungary and Poland to accept a mandatory quota of refugees.
A 25-year-old man has been arrested for urinating on the Cenotaph in Whitehall and pulling down commemorative wreaths.
A Bank Holiday washout has left many Britons running for cover, with a fortnight's worth of rain expected on Monday.