After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
Doctors cannot explain it but the extraordinary bond between new mum Holli Cheung and her son Jordan may have saved her life.
David Cameron has begun a whirlwind tour of Europe to discuss his terms for renegotiating the UK's membership of the EU with key leaders.
Through the rest of today showers will continue across many northern areas, whereas for much of England and Wales it'll stay largely dry.