After 13 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on Everest, their colleagues have called a strike in an effort to secure better conditions.
The current situation on Everest:
- There are currently 39 expeditions queuing on Everest right now.
- There are a total of 400 foreign climbers.
- Each person is paying the Nepalese Government around a £6,000 climbing fee.
- Some of climbing fees to be put aside for a relief find.
- Minimum insurance payment for the sherpas who died to be doubled to £12,000.
More top news
The rapper failed to make it to London in time as he had problems with his passport.
The Home Office was offered the help of specialist social workers in August but rejected it, it has been claimed.
Sunday will be largely dry with some bright spells of sunshine after any mist or fog lifts and clears.