The death of Mark Shand, the Duchess of Cornwall's brother, has been ruled an accident. Mr Shand died after he fell and banged his his head outside a hotel bar in New York yesterday.
A spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office in the city said the 62-year-old's death was caused by blunt impact head trauma with skull fracture and bleeding in the brain.
Mr Shand was in New York for an auction at Sotheby's in aid of a charity for underprivileged children and the Elephant Family, of which he was chairman, which aims to save the endangered Asian elephant from extinction in the wild.
He was taken to hospital after reportedly slipping while lighting a cigarette and hitting his head on the pavement outside an after-party for the charity event.
More top news
A group of friends in Haverhill have left one of their mates with a fractured spine after a prank with a home-made ejector seat went wrong
Temperatures will remain low for most of the country as Britain battles against wintry showers, snow and gales this afternoon.
A giant panda has been caught in camera breaking iron bars and moving into the other cell to have a taste of milk in the next cell.