The parents of Henry Miller, who died after taking a hallucinogenic drug during a tribal ceremony in South America, have released a statement about the incident.
David and Elizabeth Miller said: "In the last 48 hours we received the exceptionally sad news that our son Henry has died whilst travelling in Colombia.
"We understand that he took part in a local tribal ritual recommended by the hostel that he was staying at. The ritual involves a drink made from local plant infusions.
"We are awaiting further information from the Foreign Office, but it is likely that a reaction to this drink was the cause."
Mr Miller was in South America on a gap-year trip. His family described him as "an adventurous person who travelled extensively".
More top news
Chinese laundry detergent ad has been called out as 'the most racist advert ever' on social media after the video was picked up online.
Vote Leave launch £50m competition you can win if you successfully predict every single match in the European Championships.
Police are looking for more than 30 men on suspicion of rape and of posting a video of the attack on social media.