The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Andy Murray faces the towering 6ft 10 ins Croat Ivo Karlovic as he looks to book his place in the Wimbledon quarter final.
The National Housing Federation (NHF) has warned that large parts of the countryside in England could become "pensioner pockets".
Report says elders are "suffering in silence" with hearing problems because they don't want a hearing aid or think nothing can be done.