The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
It was back to school for children across the country today - and it was no different for the son of England captain Wayne Rooney.
A company has modified a new game allowing people to play 'Slave Tetris' after it was deluged with complaints online.
People will not stand for the fact we are "letting people die and seeing dead bodies on the beaches", says leading British cleric.