The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
The victims were playing the popular game in Whittington Park in Holloway on Tuesday night, when three males suspects approached them.
A former Royal Marine who was recently engaged has been killed in a climbing accident in the French Alps.
Through the day we'll see plenty of sunny spells but there will be a risk of showers too as they filter down from the northwest.