The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Olivia's mum is to marry her fiance this weekend, and the couple are dedicating every detail of the day to Olivia.
At the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, ITV News met the beds manager who is tasked with finding enough beds for the day's patients.
Windy, wet and mild