The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Jared Kushner discussed the possibility of setting up a secret line of communication with Russia, according to US media reports.
For the second year running, Sandbanks has been identified as Britain's most expensive seaside location.
It will be drier and brighter in the south, with temperatures remaining high.