The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Southern areas windy and very mild.
Nobel-prize-winning schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai has said she is a proud Brummie, as a new portrait of her was unveiled in her adopted home.
The Filipino girl group lost out to Lauren Murray in the sing off after receiving the lowest number of votes.