The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
A city in China has opened a dedicated 'mobile phone lane' to help texting pedestrians safely navigate their way around.
Rio Ferdinand has hit out at former England team-mate John Terry, labelling the Chelsea skipper as 'the biggest idiot'
A mother and son who are voting for opposing teams in Thursday's referendum explain the divide the debate has created in their home.