The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
A few showers are expected across the west of Scotland tomorrow but elsewhere high pressure remains in control.
Footage posted to YouTube shows the moving moment a nine-week-old boy hears his mother speak to him for the first time.
The tribute song features in the latest installment of the film franchise, and climbed 21 places to claim the top spot this week.