The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
A second man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a schoolgirl who went missing more than 20 years ago.
Kitty Hawk's Flyer is an impressive attempt at tackling what humans have dreamed of for years - a flying vehicle.
Workers are to vote on industrial action as they fight to save their jobs and the future of the South Wales plant, ITV News has learned.