The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
The force has been charged under the Health and Safety Act and will appear before magistrates in May.
Blustery with sunshine & showers
The club's plans have provoked much criticism, with Amnesty International describing Myanmar as an 'odd choice' for a tour.