The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Officials also looking at whether doctor was with the pop star on a plane that made an emergency landing less than a week before he died.
British cyclist Simon Yates has failed drug test but his team are blaming an "administrative error" over an asthma inhaler.
Two ambulances crashed leaving one driver dead and three people seriously injured.