The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
The bus reportedly hit a tree near Russell Square.
Low pressure will throw cloud and few showers across us today but will also draw in very warm air from Europe again
A stuntman has surfed a set of waves in Tahiti on a customised motorbike fitted with skis and a a special paddle-tyre.