The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Police are hunting four men who smashed their way into a jewellers in broad daylight and threatened staff with sledgehammers.
ComRes polling agency chairman says the next 100 days will be be gruelling in the most uncertain General Election that anyone can remember.
Pictures taken 70 years after the liberation of the Nazis' Auschwitz death camp echo the horrors of its Holocaust past.