The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Richard Freeman says he is too unwell to attend but his absence will not help the image of Britain’s most successful Olympic sport.
The Tunisia attack coroner has denied neglect by TUI and the hotel owners played a role in the deaths, so why are some relatives suing?
The 87-year-old, who broke the four-minute mile, has described the problem of doping in sport as a source of "extreme sadness" for him.