The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
More than 400 people have died in a week of bombardment in rebel-held eastern Ghouta in Syria.
Coldest air yet to arrive
The band's hit singles include You To Me Are Everything, Can You Feel The Force?, and Can't Get By Without You.