The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
A headteacher has reportedly warned "snowplough" parents are so over-protective that their children end up unable to deal with failure.
The largest horse chestnut tree in the country declared as the 300-year-old specimen at the estate where PM Benjamin Disraeli once lived.
The fanfare and fireworks at Tattersalls in Newmarket on Friday failed to materialise as three Frankel foals met with differing fortunes