The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
A young grey seal found in a farmer's field on Monday is making progress say RSPCA staff. He's thought to have a head injury.
The UK economy, boosted by the inclusion of the sex and drugs industry in the calculations, is now the world's fifth largest, but only just.
Wet and windy weather will spread in from the west, turning to snow in places, especially later over the hills.