The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
Figures show seal shooting is on the decline but 51 licences were granted this year permitting the cull of more than 850 marine mammals.
Three goals were enough to send the team through to its first major football tournament finals since the World Cup in 1986.
Particles in Pluto's haze create a stunning blue tinge around the dwarf planet in an image captured by the New Horizons space mission.