The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has set out a number of measures it wants the Government to take to reduce infant mortality, including tightening road traffic laws and bringing in minimum alcohol pricing.
- withdraw the Government's welfare cap to avoid high living costs hitting poor families
- a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas to stop road accidents
- a Graduated Licence scheme for new drivers
- better health education in schools
- introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol
- more action to stop mothers smoking during pregnancy
More top news
CCTV footage is said to show the moment a laptop containing explosives is handed to the suspected suicide bomber.
Two-year-old Sophie spent six days on life-support after battery acid burnt a hole in her lung, but has since made a full recovery.
Storm Imogen will cause problems across much of the south today, but it will be calmer in the north.