According to a Labour policy document leaked to the Mail on Sunday, the party's key changes to the sale and advertising of alcohol, junk food and tobacco, include:
Labour says: "Up to 35% of all A&E attendances and ambulance costs may be alcohol related and up to 70% at weekend peak times."
- End drinks firms sponsoring sporting events by 2020
- Introduce a minimum price for alcohol
- Restrict where drink could be sold in supermarkets
So "children born in 2015 will become the first smoke-free generation for hundreds of years."
- Ban smoking in cars with children present - a measure already backed by MPs
- Introduce plain packaging
"The health consequences of obesity alone are estimated to coat the NHS more than £5 billion every year and cases of malnutrition are on the rise," the document states.
- Ban on some high-sugar breakfast cereals
- Put an end to sweets at the supermarket checkout
- 9pm watershed on TV adverts of products that are high in sugar, fat and salt
More top news
Bolton is viewed with contempt by almost the entire foreign policy establishment in Washington.