Ninety-five recipients of 'comfort letters' from the British government are linked to 200 terrorists murders, a senior Northern Irish police officer has said.
The Labour government sent 190 letters to on-the-run suspects saying they were no longer under investigation by the British authorities.
Drew Harris, the assistant chief constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI), also said five of those who received letters were now under active police investigation.
He said it was "not clear" whether new evidence against the five suspects would cancel out the assurances they had been given in the original letters.
More top news
Fine for most on Monday but turning increasingly windy
Five people have been rescued from a small leisure boat on the Solent, after its engine failed and it began taking in water.
A US doctor has been accused of killing a lion during an illegal hunt, a week after it emerged dentist Walter Palmer killed Cecil the lion.