The Football Association's chairman Greg Dyke has presented the findings of his England Commission report, which was set-up to look at ways of improving the national team's fortunes.
The major points in the report were:
- The much reported B team concept is accurate with a separate league (League 3) between League 2 and the Conference.
- Premier League clubs would be given the option to enter League 3 or the Conference. They could not be promoted beyond League 1.
- This new league 3 would consist of the top 10 conference teams and perhaps 10 Premier League B teams.
The other major issue is home grown players and the number of mediocre non-EU players who are granted work permits even though current regulations are supposed to bar all but the exceptionally talented.
- The FA believes that no non-EU players should be allowed to join any club outside the Premier League.
- They are in favour of introducing a cap of two non-EU players in any Premier League squad.
More top news
The singer revealed on ITV’s Lorraine she is in a really good place and said it was ok to be single.
More than 200 people in Sudan have allegedly been killed by chemical weapons dropped on them by their own government, it is claimed.
The boy was found unconscious and in cardiac arrest and was rushed to hospital where he died.