Fatal Sheffield house fire 'caused by faulty charger'

A Sheffield house fire that killed three generations of the same family was most probably caused by a faulty charger, police have said.

A police officers at the scene of the fatal fire earlier this month. Credit: ITV Calendar

South Yorkshire Police said in a statement: "Following a joint investigation, South Yorkshire Police and South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue have found that the most probable cause of the fatal house fire in Wake Road, Nether Edge, Sheffield, was an electrical fault involving a faulty charging device.

"However, the investigation continues on behalf of the coroner, and a full inquest into the deaths of the three children and two women will take place at a future date."

Read more: Three generations of family killed after Sheffield blaze

Advertisement

Today's top stories