- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
Scottish Water and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency have signed a Sustainable Growth Agreement.
The zigzag elm sawfly creates a distinctive feeding trail on leaves which conjures up images of the Mark Of Zorro, experts said.
His family have put up a £100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of his killer or killers.