- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
Sarah Seawright's police photo was shared hundreds of times by fawning social media admirers after she was arrested for careless driving.
Zoo officials said the 17-year-old gorilla was killed to save the life of the boy who had crawled past a barrier into its enclosure.
Head of Germany's Protestant Church said 'extensive' Islam classes in schools could help prevent young Muslims from turning to extremism.