- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
Police have revealed a pair of sandals they have had made similar to the pair Ben is thought to have been wearing when he disappeared
The hospital was last attacked just three days ago, something that UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon denounced as a war crime.
Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage has flown to the US to help coach presidential candidate Donald Trump ahead of his next debate.