- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
MI5 has reportedly launched two urgent inquiries into how it missed the danger posed by the Manchester bomber, Salman Abedi.
Helicopters are searching for survivors who may be marooned after a weekend of heavy rain.
Thousands of people attended a protest on Copacabana Beach to demand presidential elections as pressure mounts on Brazil's leader to resign.