- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
Time magazine has disputed Donald Trump's account of how he rejected a request for an interview for its "Person of the Year" issue.
The Police Federation chairman said officers were often "letting someone off with a warning and hoping for the best".
A total of 21 are also injured by a blaze which ripped through the upmarket 22-storey hotel on the Black Sea coast.