- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
Simon Cowell admitted he was "so embarrassed" after his shirt burst open during an X Factor audition.
Following the promise of further powers for Scotland, David Cameron is now talking about a new deal for the other home nations.
The Suitsy: Man creates business suit onesie