- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
A similar split set up to today
The Eagles of Death Metal want to be the first to play the Bataclan when it reopens, the lead singer has said in an emotional interview.
Cheap commercial spaceflight took one giant leap closer to reality after Blue Origin successfully landed a rocket - upright - in Texas.