- Couples should be referred to a fertility specialist after their first full year of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
- They should be referred sooner if they know of a clinical cause behind their infertility.
- Women under 40 who have been trying to conceive are offered three full cycles of in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Patients aged 40 to 42 are offered one cycle.
- The quality standards also say that people who are of a reproductive age who are preparing to have treatment for cancer should be offered to have their eggs or sperm frozen and preserved.
More top news
The president will continue to fight the 'constant hostility' from the press, one of Trump's closest advisers has told ITV News.
Temperatures tumbling again tonight with a widespread sharp frost and lows of -5C or -6C and icy spots in places
Search teams were again looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague - this time joined by cadaver dogs trained to seek out human remains.