- Decline in short-term memory and memory loss.
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Problems with language and forgetting simple words.
- Disorientation with familiar places, like getting lost on the street their home is on.
- Misplacing things.
- Sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
Source: Alzheimer's Disease International
More top news
Through the day, most of the cloud should break up to leave fine conditions for many with spells of sunshine.
The Eiffel Tower in Paris was plunged into darkness, with the Burj Khalifa in Dubia emblazoned with the Union Jack.
The major party leaders' campaigns for the General Election will remain suspended on Wednesday following the Manchester terror attack.