- Decline in short-term memory and memory loss.
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Problems with language and forgetting simple words.
- Disorientation with familiar places, like getting lost on the street their home is on.
- Misplacing things.
- Sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
Source: Alzheimer's Disease International
More top news
Yorkshire Water says the tap water in Thorne, near Doncaster, is still not fit to drink after a contamination scare.
In December 2012, gunman Adam Lanza shot dead 20 children and six teachers in the Connecticut school, before turning the gun on himself.
The study, conducted by the European Banking Authority, looked at how much capital would be used up in adverse economic conditions.