- Decline in short-term memory and memory loss.
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Problems with language and forgetting simple words.
- Disorientation with familiar places, like getting lost on the street their home is on.
- Misplacing things.
- Sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
Source: Alzheimer's Disease International
More top news
The cold weather is set to continue over the next few days with further wintry showers and icy patches, particularly at night.
Some child abuse survivors say they received death threats after MPs published their details online.
Coronation Street has found another actress to play Bethany Platt, after a previous one was dropped for lying about her age.