- Decline in short-term memory and memory loss.
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Problems with language and forgetting simple words.
- Disorientation with familiar places, like getting lost on the street their home is on.
- Misplacing things.
- Sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
Source: Alzheimer's Disease International
More top news
Warm with some wet weather
Melissa Mead has been campaigning to raise awareness of sepsis after losing her one-year-old son William to the illness.
Last year, spring was colder than winter, with snow at the end of April for the first time since the mid 1980s.