- Decline in short-term memory and memory loss.
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Problems with language and forgetting simple words.
- Disorientation with familiar places, like getting lost on the street their home is on.
- Misplacing things.
- Sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
Source: Alzheimer's Disease International
More top news
Cold and sunny for most, increasingly cloudy from the west. Cloud and wind spreading from the west of UK.
A woman, 63, was allegedly grabbed from behind and dragged to the ground in a serious assault near a nature reserve.
A 21-gun salute was first sounded in the capital, Havana, as Castro's ashes were taken to the cemetery in eastern Cuba.