An ITV News investigation has found more than 600,000 dishwashers that were recalled due to fire hazard concerns are still unaccounted for.
Hotpoint said it was aware of a "small number of cases" where an electrical component had failed in the appliance, which could lead to overheating and "in rare cases a potential fire hazard".
According to the research:
- More than 844,000 dishwashers were sold with a fault that can cause fires
- So far, Bosch has traced 187,043 appliances and Hotpoint has found 8,295
- That means a total of 648,662 remain unaccounted for
- Bosch reports there have been 410 incidents in people's homes
- Hotpoint reports 38 such incidents