An education commissioner for the Nigerian Borno state has told Reuters that four more girls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants last month have escaped their captors, leaving 219 still missing.
The girls were taking exams at a secondary school in the remote northeastern village of Chibok on April 14 when the Islamist gunmen surrounded it, loaded them onto trucks and carted them off. Fifty-three escaped shortly afterwards.
Education commissioner Musa Inuwa declined to give further details of the escape.
The Nigerian military has flown more than 300 sorties in the hunt for the abducted schoolgirls, a Major has told ITV News' Rageh Omaar.
A newly released video from Boko Haram reportedly shows the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls.
The man who started a viral hashtag campaign in support of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls says it has forced the government to act.